WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It could have been a DIY job.

Didnt have the time or extra adhesive to do it myself. They did a good job...but, they will have to open it again because the up volume button is stuck a little too flush and there is a slight gap between the screen and the bezel halfway down the side between down volume button and the camera button.

Now is it usable? Yes. But what I will do is ask them to switch the buttons out. Ideally I want a grey housing with yellow trims...which means the power, camera, speaker grill, SIM tray and volume are yellow. But, in looking at how HTC bolted on the volume and camera buttons as one continuous piece, it is not worth it.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Didnt have the time or extra adhesive to do it myself. They did a good job...but, they will have to open it again because the up volume button is stuck a little too flush and there is a slight gap between the screen and the bezel halfway down the side between down volume button and the camera button.

Now is it usable? Yes. But what I will do is ask them to switch the buttons out. Ideally I want a grey housing with yellow trims...which means the power, camera, speaker grill, SIM tray and volume are yellow. But, in looking at how HTC bolted on the volume and camera buttons as one continuous piece, it is not worth it.

Do you want it in gold? :wink:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've heard that the 8x is very hard to repair.

Best leave it to the experts.

Indeed. It looks great. Would have loved to have gotten an original one as a Verizon employee. Still, it makes me enjoy some color on phones and understand why Apple put out the iPhone 5 Color after seeing modders change housings since their iPhone 3G. Looking forward to landing a 1020 or an Ativ S.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Woah! Damn the 8x looks good! Is that a custom colour? I don't recall seeing that as an available colour! :)

It's hard to find one in red down here. :( They look really good in Red.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Woah! Damn the 8x looks good! Is that a custom colour? I don't recall seeing that as an available colour! :)

It's hard to find one in red down here. :( They look really good in Red.

They look amazing in red. Verizon offered this color scheme (SIM tray was grey though) in their employee edition model. The problem with this current housing is that it doesn't support the wireless charging module, which is the biggest reason why I use a VZW 8X and not the t-mo version. I have a charge pad and with the wireless shell for my 810, that's how I charge both phones.
There is also light bleeding through the bottom of the LCD, between where the bezel and the screen are. Again, these are somewhat minor niggles...it is in good enough shape now that the screen is repaired for it to be a daily driver type phone. I changed the housing because I liked this color scheme and wanted to use this as my daily model. Plus, the original blue housing was beat the hell up. But now with the wireless feature gone, I'm not sure.

Perhaps I keep it as is and just use it as my back up. Or getting another model and this is my spare in case of dire emergency type phone. Its a lot to think about now.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The issue too with HTC unibody models like the 8X is that you've got to make sure your replacement parts are on point because when you close them up and there's a defect, that's like death because they're hard to open up again because you risk damaging the screen. This grey housing was so hard to find. I was looking to initially convert it from a blue to a red model but liked the grey with yellow trims so much. Maybe it does have the wireless plate but it didn't connect right when it got refitted. I dunno. They did a good job in replacing the LCD, but maybe this was a pyrrhic repair and I should have simply stuck with changing the screen and kept the fading blue housing only in the first place...

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

The issue too with HTC unibody models like the 8X is that you've got to make sure your replacement parts are on point because when you close them up and there's a defect, that's like death because they're hard to open up again because you risk damaging the screen. This grey housing was so hard to find. I was looking to initially convert it from a blue to a red model but liked the grey with yellow trims so much. Maybe it does have the wireless plate but it didn't connect right when it got refitted. I dunno. They did a good job in replacing the LCD, but maybe this was a pyrrhic repair and I should have simply stuck with changing the screen and kept the fading blue housing only in the first place...

Oh well, at least your phone is working properly.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh well, at least your phone is working properly.

It is running great so far...i'm actually typing my reply to your post on it. The screen is just so good for an LCD panel...I plan to test drive it tomorrow for the day and see what happens. Of all the things that annoy me is that bleeding light at the bottom, which means I may send it back to the shop and have them open her up again. This color scheme is perfect. Just wished that there was no light bleeding at the bottom, the up volume button and the wireless charging worked. 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte