WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Looks great, big dawg!! I LOVE the look and feel of HTC's. Really wish I trusted them more to support their devices...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Looks great, big dawg!! I LOVE the look and feel of HTC's. Really wish I trusted them more to support their devices...

Thanks. I love it. Seriously. I wished that HTC actually had gone with this two toned looked in the first place for the 8X to make it different than the 920. They certainly had the right idea with the 8S. Grey housing with red buttons, SIM tray, speaker grille and camera tray, a white 8X with black trims or a black 8X with white trims, a blue with white trims, etc. It would have popped even more.

HTC is great with design but are too busy trying to make money with Android and be like Apple and Samsung. To me, all I would have done with the 8X is the following:

- Put in a 2000MAH battery
- Wireless charging on all models
- Pick a few of the color combos: all white with black trims, full blue, full black, grey with yellow trims, red with grey trims.
- 32GB internal
- Put the HTC camera app from the 8XT as a OEM lens and update it
- Put out an equalizer on the Beats Audio as a system app

I would not use a Nokia if this was what the 8X was really like at launch.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning. It's a wonderful day this morning. Blue sky, warm sunshine, cool breeze... If I was living somewhere else that is. However I don't mind the grey misty morning I find myself in. Suits my mood.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The Asus T100 for presentations and as a tablet, a good desktop for at home. How does that sound?

Have to look into that thing sometime.

Davingtons

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

Morning. It's a wonderful day this morning. Blue sky, warm sunshine, cool breeze... If I was living somewhere else that is. However I don't mind the grey misty morning I find myself in. Suits my mood.

Ha, it's grey here also. But a brisk walk outside will wake me up plenty.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The Asus T100 for presentations and as a tablet, a good desktop for at home. How does that sound?

Have to look into that thing sometime.

I took a quick look at it on WPC. It's good machine for basic tasks but I wouldn't use it for much else. If you have any intensive applications it will pretty much be pointless.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I took a quick look at it on WPC. It's good machine for basic tasks but I wouldn't use it for much else. If you have any intensive applications it will pretty much be pointless.

It should be able to show a 40 MB PowerPoint presentation on an external screen/beamer without lags...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ouch. That sounds a bit too hot to sleep.

A/C is a good thing. However it all comes down to if there's a good breeze or not. One of the things I don't miss about Australia was the hot nights and the need for A/C just to sleep.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Yes, exactly. Haven't found a list of the ports and I don't know if it supports a external screen, but I just assume so.

This is the new Atom, isn't it? Should be twice as fast as the old one, but I don't know if it's enough for large PowerPoint files...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes, exactly. Haven't found a list of the ports and I don't know if it supports a external screen, but I just assume so.

This is the new Atom, isn't it? Should be twice as fast as the old one, but I don't know if it's enough for large PowerPoint files...

Yes, for presentations, etc it should be good. It's an Atom quad core, not sure if it's the latest or not. It has micro HDMI. If you didn't look at link I put up it has all the ports listed. On the whole it looks pretty good.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes, for presentations, etc it should be good. It's an Atom quad core, not sure if it's the latest or not. It has micro HDMI. If you didn't look at link I put up it has all the ports listed. On the whole it looks pretty good.

It got a completely new architecture!!!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I am still on my phone, couldn't look too much into it ;-)

But this sounds good, I'll put it on my list and wait for reviews :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel