WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just lambasted nokia uk and windows phone uk on twitter - saying how do you expect to get more marketshare with no marketing or availability for a phone on a launch day

They deserve it considering it was in the media everywhere. Just going to make them look stupid with no phones anywhere. Also you go to the carrier sites today and the new iPhone is plastered on all of them.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Just wondered... if WPC had a UK meetup sometime at a place that was fairly central, would anyone be interested?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just wondered... if WPC had a UK meetup sometime at a place that was fairly central, would anyone be interested?

Not sure. I've tried a couple of meetups before and they never worked out well. What would be considered 'central' in the UK? I think regional would work a bit better due to distances.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just lambasted nokia uk and windows phone uk on twitter - saying how do you expect to get more marketshare with no marketing or availability for a phone on a launch day

Nokia UK are doing an exclusive exhibition in Shoreditch for the 1020. That's like iPhone central there.... :p

It's on between 13-21 at the Nicholls & Clarke Building.

#nokiaweberbailey

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Not sure. I've tried a couple of meetups before and they never worked out well. What would be considered 'central' in the UK? I think regional would work a bit better due to distances.

It's just an idea... I'm guessing around the Birmingham area would be fairly central for England... what were previous meetups like - what did you do and what went wrong?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's just an idea... I'm guessing around the Birmingham area would be fairly central for England... what were previous meetups like - what did you do and what went wrong?

The meetups I've been to were different and in both this country and others.

Just in general you end up with some weird people sometimes. I've rushed to some and then find out that few people turned up. I find with meetups people seem eager then you get closer to the day and then you end up with 2-6 people. :p This not just the UK, it happens everywhere.

Venue is very important as you can end up splitting the group up too much and you end up isolating people and it makes it difficult to talk to other people or mingle well. This has happened on more than one occasion.

Having food options is good, even if it's just snacks as you do get the munchies but be clear to tell people before hand that is what is available only. I went to one once where we were under the impression there was going to be a dinner and it turned out to be a snack venue instead. The people were total party people we found out as well. Not that I have a problem with that but I rather know before hand what I'm getting into. I'm a little older too so partying isn't exactly my thing.

On a personal note, when meetups are in pubs or loud places I have trouble hearing, I have tinnitus due to working in a manufacturing area early in life and not wearing hearing protection, that's my problem to deal with. I may come across loud myself but not purposely. Also loud places make it hard to talk to one another if that's your main purpose.

Not to bum people out, this is just experience talking. LOL!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That Usman Mubashir guy is posting the link to his article everywhere. If I report his post will they get rid of the troll?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've talked to a friend in IT, and he recommended to choose a computer with a big tower. So I looked what is available there and found this:

https://www.digitec.ch/ProdukteDetails2.aspx?Reiter=Details&Artikel=276801

A second 2 TB hard-disc, 128 GB more on the SSD, 1 GB more on the graphics card and expandable for the same price. Much less cute though...

Do you have pictures of both? If there's pictures at that site they're not showing on my work computer.

Also, size of case is not as important as airflow. As long as you have proper ventilation and cooling effect that's the most important. You could have a large case that traps heat for example and a smaller case that has fantastic ventilation. The smaller will perform better.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Do you have pictures of both? If there's pictures at that site they're not showing on my work computer.

Also, size of case is not as important as airflow. As long as you have proper ventilation and cooling effect that's the most important. You could have a large case that traps heat for example and a smaller case that has fantastic ventilation. The smaller will perform better.

On top of the page are registers. The one most to the left is called "Bilder", this is German for pictures :)

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

See, now if I ever did a custom build for just a PC I would have to get one of these

CA-030-AE_53127_350.jpg

Purely for the WTF!! is that comments

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

On top of the page are registers. The one most to the left is called "Bilder", this is German for pictures :)

Personally I'd go for the Asus case because I think it would be better, it's a proper mid tower with some good airflow. Saying that however I am a bit biased cause I like black. I would have to investigate further to see what the difference would be in heat dissipation. You are making a gaming machine so having something too small might not be a good idea. The smaller case does sort of look 'Appleish'.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I have to confess that was the first thing out of my mouth.

Heres another view on it.

CA-030-AE_53114_350.jpg

The 200mm fan can be angled and raised/lowered to allow for more/less cooling which is pretty cool. Surprisingly its not bank loan/remortgage house expensive either

Attachments

• CA-030-AE_53129_60.jpg
    CA-030-AE_53129_60.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077