WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

This. I don't know why they cant boost the signal of the drivers telephone line and turn it into wifi - Obviously any driver comms would take priority but it must be doable over the thousands of miles of overground and underground lines.

I think an easier solution would be to run the connection over the power lines since most trains are powered by electricity. The other option is simply to run fibre along the side of the track and have a wifi access point that meets up with the train to maintain a constant connection. Then there's the 4G option too but it's not widely available yet. I'm sure there are other methods but those seem the easiest.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The thing is I'd be happy to pay for such a service, a small month fee or something. I don't even have a long commute but I do go into London frequently so it would be nice to have.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

The thing is I'd be happy to pay for such a service, a small month fee or something. I don't even have a long commute but I do go into London frequently so it would be nice to have.

Me too - the signal on my train line is dreadful - and the wifi on the underground only works at stations which is pretty pointless as you normally get stuck in the tunnels

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Me too - the signal on my train line is dreadful - and the wifi on the underground only works at stations which is pretty pointless as you normally get stuck in the tunnels

I have a 15 minute commute and simply put my phone data doesn't work from one station to the next. On the way to London I lose signal all the time. I also agree with the underground wifi. What's the point of it? Who's sitting around on wifi in the underground station? You want it on the train not at the station.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah there's a lot of black spots in the UK. So surprising for such a small country. I know some areas would be a bit difficult but I'm talking somewhat populated areas.

Yes something needs doing, the government should be spending money on the infrastructure not a railroad!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Might go for the 1520, I cant stand all the dust getting into all the cracks of my phone specially in the fcc!!!

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
One of these days I should sit down and wade through the 6000 plus posts on this thread and write a summary about the different posters.

Occasionally I keep thinking of this thread as if its a meeting room. A meeting room with no limits and completely anonymous posters ( al though it is fairly easy to figure out my real name from my profile info 😁 ).

I will probably do this thread analysis thing someday. Also I have been playing Alan wake and it is reminding me of those lovely days when I used to blog regularly. Sigh!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

One of these days I should sit down and wade through the 6000 plus posts on this thread and write a summary about the different posters.

Occasionally I keep thinking of this thread as if its a meeting room. A meeting room with no limits and completely anonymous posters ( al though it is fairly easy to figure out my real name from my profile info 😁 ).

I will probably do this thread analysis thing someday. Also I have been playing Alan wake and it is reminding me of those lovely days when I used to blog regularly. Sigh!

I read all 6000 post!!!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

may I suggest the Asus T100 if you are looking to buy a new laptop

I'm considering it alot!

However these form are to get the same laptop the wireless isn't working and the Bluetooth stop and it keeps on overheating since I dropped it 5 feet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion