WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well just ordered my 64gb 1020 from O2 on their refresh plan - Only have to pay ?5 more a month. Gets delivered 25th September. Sweet.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I can pick up my computer today! But I don't know if I can make it... probably, but then my bike will be all in the wrong place because I'll have to take the bus to pick it up.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Well just ordered my 64gb 1020 from O2 on their refresh plan - Only have to pay ?5 more a month. Gets delivered 25th September. Sweet.

Meanwhile, i'm STILL finding a 8x.

If i could get one, i'd be very happy.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Just concluded a proposal for a new project. If it succeeds, I can finally buy the new bay trail chip tablets this December. Fingers crossed 😆

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

You'll have to post some pictures once you get it.

Most definitely - was actually quite happy at the cost - was expecting to pay a lump up front for the phone along with a bump in contract price - but only having to pay ?5 a month more for the same contract terms that im on now is great. Plus they are giving away a tripod, charging pad, charging cover and the camera grip to go with it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Most definitely - was actually quite happy at the cost - was expecting to pay a lump up front for the phone along with a bump in contract price - but only having to pay ?5 a month more for the same contract terms that im on now is great. Plus they are giving away a tripod, charging pad, charging cover and the camera grip to go with it.

Congrats! Would love to trade in my 810 to get one. If t-mo us wasn't so, *** backwards with updates, I would have gotten their 925.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Well that's todays happiness shortlived - Got to cancel the 1020 preorder :unhappysweat:

Long story short

My email log in isn't properly tied to my main log in - email one shows my mobile number but doesn't show that I have a phone therefore the 1020 order went through - my main log in shows my 8x and all the info and also tells me I would have to pay ?386 to go on O2 refresh to upgrade to the 1020.

O2 website fail. :crying:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well that's todays happiness shortlived - Got to cancel the 1020 preorder :unhappysweat:

Long story short

My email log in isn't properly tied to my main log in - email one shows my mobile number but doesn't show that I have a phone therefore the 1020 order went through - my main log in shows my 8x and all the info and also tells me I would have to pay ?386 to go on O2 refresh to upgrade to the 1020.

Bummer. :(

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Long story short

That sucks. Very sorry to hear that.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If I decide to pick up the 1020 I'll just wait until after WP8.1 and when the price drops unlocked and SIM free. I have little desire to be locked into a carrier.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Here's just a commentary.

I was reading about our least favourite company - Apple and their new shinny device - iPhone 5S and 5C and what I find interesting is there appears to be a lot a general hate of Apple these days. I've come to the conclusion that they may have peeked and that the 5C is rather insulting but I guess we'll see what the numbers say. On top of that I can't help but be reminded of the time the Steve Jobs left Apple the last time. Apple took a nose dive and almost died. This time however Steve isn't coming back. I'm curious to see if they keep being accountant focused and less RD based what's going to happen to the company. People appear to be getting bored with Apple it seems. I personally have nothing against Apple. I don't want any of their devices personally as I find them overpriced and too much of a status symbol still. So it will be interesting to see what happens with iPhone 6. If it's just the iPhone 5 again I think they're going to start a decline that they won't escape from.

Now ignoring Apple. I was curious. What do you feel is missing the most from WP that you feel would make it appealing to the masses? Most WP owners seem pretty happy, some less than others but it just seems something is holding it back. What's your thought on that?

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Here's just a commentary.

I was reading about our least favourite company - Apple and their new shinny device - iPhone 5S and 5C and what I find interesting is there appears to be a lot a general hate of Apple these days. I've come to the conclusion that they may have peeked and that the 5C is rather insulting but I guess we'll see what the numbers say. On top of that I can't help but be reminded of the time the Steve Jobs left Apple the last time. Apple took a nose dive and almost died. This time however Steve isn't coming back. I'm curious to see if they keep being accountant focused and less RD based what's going to happen to the company. People appear to be getting bored with Apple it seems. I personally have nothing against Apple. I don't want any of their devices personally as I find them overpriced and too much of a status symbol still. So it will be interesting to see what happens with iPhone 6. If it's just the iPhone 5 again I think they're going to start a decline that they won't escape from.

Now ignoring Apple. I was curious. What do you feel is missing the most from WP that you feel would make it appealing to the masses? Most WP owners seem pretty happy, some less than others but it just seems something is holding it back. What's your thought on that?

I know someone will have their gun pointed at me when i say this but....

Apps, sure there are some excellent ones, but to please core gamers (not people who Jetpack Joyride all the time, people who would play Modern Combat or something similar) There is a lacking in apps.

Most of the apps i wish to use are on WP, but for many others this would be a issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb