WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well he can only be wrong on so many things before he does get something right.

Even a monkey will eventually find the square hole for the square peg. :winktongue:

Wow, did it just get chilly on this thread, or is it just me???

:smile:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Well he can only be wrong on so many things before he does get something right.

Even a monkey will eventually find the square hole for the square peg. :winktongue:

Yes and observing WP for 2-3 years from WP7.0 also helps while watching users, my family and others.

And analysis the type of customers on the different OS's, reading all the different mobile OS's to understand the competition, the manufactures, this forum with the users etc.

And it helps being IT Technician meeting and solving the users who have the problem or who are unsure.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Wow, did it just get chilly on this thread, or is it just me???

:smile:

Yeah sometimes my sarcasm does cut really close.

I look at what I have written before I post it. Then for a split second I think will he be offended? But that's after I have hit post.

Were all adults on here - if I couldn't take some back I wouldn't dish it out. :winktongue:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I look at what I have written before I post it. Then for a split second I think will he be offended? But that's after I have hit post.

Were all adults on here - if I couldn't take some back I wouldn't dish it out. :winktongue:

That my favorite type of sarcasm right on the edge!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

The main reason are advertising it okay but needs to be more intense, in the UK you get a few adverts and mainly just sponsors from Nokia for a show and the cast have them.

Two customers are afraid of the unknown a commercial showing the basic of the OS could persuade those unsure.

Three awareness but that due to advertising and phone shops most shop I go into the WP devices are at the back of the store.

Sales rep should ask what there planning to use the phone for and show all the platforms for the user to decide.

WP missing stuff like notification center people will complain until items like these are on and not having a good music player doesn't help.

Misinformation IS THE BIGGEST ISSUES THERE IS! For example cnet video review of the 1020 misinformation!

And brand awareness which is improving alot thanks to Lumia.

However there are lots of good stuff but these are what I think are the issues.

Going to have to check out that CNET review now.

I agree with the idea of showing the basic functions of WP/ Windows 8. There has been some better ads in that area. But still plenty of room for improvement. People still just don't understand the ease of the tile layout.

I also agree with the idea that the 'Lumia" name is becoming the brand of WP. That is why I am hoping that instead of releasing WP under the "Microsoft" name after the purchase of Nokia is complete, they use "Lumia" as the brand name for the hardware. "Windows Phone" already screams Microsoft, no need to push the name further. Sorta like Lincoln is actually Ford, but the name "Lincoln" brings to mind luxery. Dodge is trying to do this with it's Ram pick-ups right now- "Ram" is the brand they are trying to associate to their trucks. "Dodge" never is anymore, and sales for those trucks have improved even if the product is exactly the same. MS could do this so well with the "Lumia" name.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

If there was no sarcasm..... I couldn't communicate. It is why language was invented- writings on the cave walls did not transmit sarcasm as well.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Going to have to check out that CNET review now.

I agree with the idea of showing the basic functions of WP/ Windows 8. There has been some better ads in that area. But still plenty of room for improvement. People still just don't understand the ease of the tile layout.

I also agree with the idea that the 'Lumia" name is becoming the brand of WP. That is why I am hoping that instead of releasing WP under the "Microsoft" name after the purchase of Nokia is complete, they use "Lumia" as the brand name for the hardware. "Windows Phone" already screams Microsoft, no need to push the name further. Sorta like Lincoln is actually Ford, but the name "Lincoln" brings to mind luxery. Dodge is trying to do this with it's Ram pick-ups right now- "Ram" is the brand they are trying to associate to their trucks. "Dodge" never is anymore, and sales for those trucks have improved even if the product is exactly the same. MS could do this so well with the "Lumia" name.

Personally I see the Lumia name disappearing. I'm only saying this as I know what company acquisitions are like. They'll keep both Nokia and Lumia for about 3 years then expect them to drop either both at the same time or Nokia first then Lumia. I don't really think the Lumia name suits the platform image of what MS wants.

As for the ads bit. They've been pretty dismal in the UK. I think they confuse people more than help. Also having staff that rather sell Apple or Samsung doesn't help in phone stores. I've only run into one person in a phone store that actually liked WP.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

BP mentioned swag. I got this stuff from my contract agency when I worked in Australia. All the contractors got this stuff though I did manage to scam a couple of more things. :)

Aviary Photo_130235569050483706.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6