WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning folks. This time last Monday we were approaching 6K posts - that's 1522 posts in a week.

Keep this rate up and we will soon be smashing the 10K

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm wondering why agencies keep calling me and asking if I'm interested in a job and I never hear from them again!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm wondering why agencies keep calling me and asking if I'm interested in a job and I never hear from them again!

A lot of agencies have KPIs that need to be met. They might not actually have job available and just want you on their books.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

With agencies I've learned to be very wary to who I send my CV to. Some are just CV grabbers and then spam you to death with pointless emails about jobs that neither fit you or are anywhere near where you live.

I've learned to investigate the agency to ensure they meet my criteria of being an agency I want to do business with.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think you need to spruce up your LinkedIn profile to attract the right people. Lots of companies use LinkedIn these days.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I get that all the time - "We have this role, would you be interested?" I always reply with "Send me the job Spec and I will let you know"

Tends to weed out a lot of the blaggers.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

Today i had an exam. I didn't study anything. And i learnt, you can easily pass using this method.
- come 15 mins early.
- write answers on your bench.
- copy them on paper.

No one looks at your desk. o_O

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Today i had an exam. I didn't study anything. And i learnt, you can easily pass using this method.
- come 15 mins early.
- copy them on paper.

5 out of 10 for ingenuity.
0 out of 10 for cheating.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

- come 15 mins early.
- copy them on paper.

That's cheating. And that's not good.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Any suggestions?

Suggestions would be to add more in depth information on your LinkedIn profile. Treat it like a business card and CV at the same time. I would also suggest joining groups that fit with the type of job you're after and any job groups that have listings for positions in your area/discipline.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Had an interesting dinner party this weekend with a new group of friends.

Conversation turned to religion for around 30 minutes with everyone discussing there chosen faiths. Spent the whole time silent just listening and looking more and more bored.

Eventually someone tried to engage me in conversation on the subject with the line "You've been quiet, what's your faith?"

My response "I have no faith and no beliefs, I live my life the way I see fit, make my own choices, mistakes and take responsibility for my actions. I refuse to follow the ideas set down centuries ago as a system of control for the needy and week-minded masses"

The 5 minute silence that followed was priceless. Eventually broke the silence myself with "Guess you don't want me to say grace before dinner then?"

I don't think I will be invited out with that circle of friends for a while.:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium