WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You also need more connections and possibly do some networking. Are there any networking events you can attend? Also do a search on Work Jelly in your area. What this is, is a self employed work group that brings people together to get self employed people out of their homes and be able to network more. With your skills you should be able to attract some business easily.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Had an interesting dinner party this weekend with a new group of friends.

Conversation turned to religion for around 30 minutes with everyone discussing there chosen faiths. Spent the whole time silent just listening and looking more and more bored.

Eventually someone tried to engage me in conversation on the subject with the line "You've been quiet, what's your faith?"

My response "I have no faith and no beliefs, I live my life the way I see fit, make my own choices, mistakes and take responsibility for my actions. I refuse to follow the ideas set down centuries ago as a system of control for the needy and week-minded masses"

The 5 minute silence that followed was priceless. Eventually broke the silence myself with "Guess you don't want me to say grace before dinner then?"

I don't think I will be invited out with that circle of friends for a while.:winktongue:

That's classic. :) Sounds like something I would have said. LOL!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

That's classic. :) Sounds like something I would have said. LOL!

It was quite a mixed group and it was actually quite an involved and surprisingly civilised discussion. We had Sikh, Muslim, Catholic, Christian, Baptist represented. The conversation wasn't at all preachy by any means, it just seemed that if I hadn't have been asked my opinion and closed the conversation down completely they would still be talking about it now.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It was quite a mixed group and it was actually quite an involved and surprisingly civilised discussion. We had Sikh, Muslim, Catholic, Christian, Baptist represented. The conversation wasn't at all preachy by any means, it just seemed that if I hadn't have been asked my opinion and closed the conversation down completely they would still be talking about it now.

That's quite the mixed group you had there, including yourself in the mix. What's amusing is that none of them really have much justification for why the believe what they believe other than simply being brought up by it or finding something that 'suited' them. It always interesting though how those who believe will always try to find something to believe in but rarely think that disbelief is an option. Oh well. Listening to that conversation probably would have driven me nuts too. I try to be polite as much as possible but I would have pretty much said the same as you once asked.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Why is it I can miss breakfast and lunch at the weekends and only be hungry at dinnertime but find im constantly hungry when im at work?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Why is it I can miss breakfast and lunch at the weekends and only be hungry at dinnertime but find im constantly hungry when im at work?

I have the same issue. I can normally eat less on the weekends. I think it's the work we do. :p

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Tuesdays suck to just not as much as Mondays.

Im really tired today - sitting up watching multiple NFL games on Sunday nights till 1am is not good for a lively me on a Monday.

Oh well only 15 more weeks to go.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Really? Its quite nice in London. The sun is out, temperatures are down a bit but its nice and fresh which I quite like.

Well it was sunny all morning but now we're getting some heavy gray cloud coming in. It supposed to rain tomorrow. :(

So that will mean Tuesdays suck too. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks...its a rainy day one the NYC metro. Here running kate and reading for class on the train. At least I'm listening to some Paul Hardcastle (jazz) to mellow out my commute...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb