WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sounds like fun. LOL! Here I was thinking that it's usually the electrical guys that need to sort stuff out all the time. We're constantly being told to just 'work' with it. :p We normally bring in our cable samples to meetings so they can look at it when we say pulling something x meters isn't always feasible. When the see they size of an 185mm sq cable with steel wired armor and they see it weighs about 10kg per meter they get our point. I take it you do HVAC? We have every discipline on our project. Our HVAC systems are monsters and are sometimes a pain. I had to squeeze their MCC into out substation. Was fun.

This reminds me of my architectural past ;-)

I'm doing different things now. Today I tried to optimize an experiment by setting it up multiple times with different compound concentrations in half-microliter steps.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This reminds me of my architectural past ;-)

I'm doing different things now. Today I tried to optimize an experiment by setting it up multiple times with different compound concentrations in half-microliter steps.

Your stuff sounds so much more interesting than mine.

Today I re-arranged a substation to maintain SID requirements set by the client. Then I had to sort out underground trenches for cable runs going to massive process modules which have very large equipment in them. The trenches range between 4.5m and 14m wide. I've only done one area, I've got two more to go. The one I'm currently doing is very large.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I might even have to work overtime, which would be nice. The project is probably going to run for the next 5-6 years, maybe longer.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I may have to do some travel too. Possibly India (New Delhi) and Kazakhstan. Hopefully both in good weather. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I may have to do some travel too. Possibly India (New Delhi) and Kazakhstan. Hopefully both in good weather. :p

I don't know, but to me your stuff sounds so much more interesting than mine...

Well, I'm going to sleep now. Have a good night everybody.

Salamence91

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

In one stage of my life I actually wanted to become an IT Technician. College ruined that ambition for me xD

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

In one stage of my life I actually wanted to become an IT Technician. College ruined that ambition for me xD

lol, me too, sort of... Wanted to be a programmer, got near the end, 4 classes away, and got bored... Didn't want to be stuck in a cubical writing apps for bean counters... Now I'm drifting back to coding, just on my terms, in my free time... Would love to write that one app that everyone needs/wants, but at the moment coding is fun... To an extent, I may not have corporate hands in what I write, but the wife has demands. Those are the hard apps to write cause you have no interest in them. ;)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sitting here thinking about getting my hands on a Lumia 1020. I mean, I would also settle for a 925 at this point, but boy, of all the trouble and great pictures I'd take with that 1020...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Actually looking forward to the launch of Windows 8.1. Really want to test out that Asus tablet. $400 for a quad core with the keyboard? 64GB +Memory card slot? Yes please. Sounds like it already has the inside track to replace my touchpad...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6