WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'd be an elephant. Elephants are intelligent, emotional and strong.

Yesterday at dinner I told some friends I'd like to be a stork. Then I could travel from Europe to Africa and back, always following the good weather, and also bring children and stuff them... well in written form and out of context this is really inappropriate.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Not off to a good Fantasy Football season. None of my teams are undefeated, and Gedzum just beat me in the WPC league, and the freaking ESPN computer drafted his team. Come to think of it, his is the only undefeated team in our league. Who did you pay off at the ESPN office, Gedzum??? I AM ON TO YOU!!!

Ah this got my morning off to a good start. Thanks for the laugh. Auto-pick is all powerful!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning. Damn I'm tired. Not sure what the hell is going on but have had horrible sleep for the last few days now.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Good morning.

I just spent a good 5 minutes watching a squirrel gather food and stash it in our garden. It was kinda funny the way it was covering it up.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Good morning.

I just spent a good 5 minutes watching a squirrel gather food and stash it in our garden. It was kinda funny the way it was covering it up.

I like squirles. My wife still gets a kick out of them because they're not native in Australia. I personally like woodchucks, aside from being cute, they look funny when they carry nuts in their cheeks.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Morning all.

OK looks like I have some questions to answer from last night.

N_LaRUE - Current project is HVAC - but I can do just about anything spent a few years in almost every industry sector apart from Oil & Gas. Even worked on civil engineering for a couple of years doing the tube tunnels for the Heathrow Terminal 5 extension. The building im working on at the moment isn't very big height wise. Its only a 7 floor medical research centre that's currently going up next to Kings Cross Station.

MSFTisMIA - Cant think of an animal I would rather be than a human - these opposable thumbs really do come in handy.

And If I won the lottery the first three things I would do would be Buy a plot of land in the Kent countryside. Hire an architect. Get my dream home built.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning all.

OK looks like I have some questions to answer from last night.

N_LaRUE - Current project is HVAC - but I can do just about anything spent a few years in almost every industry sector apart from Oil & Gas. Even worked on civil engineering for a couple of years doing the tube tunnels for the Heathrow Terminal 5 extension. The building im working on at the moment isn't very big height wise. Its only a 7 floor medical research centre that's currently going up next to Kings Cross Station.

MSFTisMIA - Cant think of an animal I would rather be than a human - these opposable thumbs really do come in handy.

And If I won the lottery the first three things I would do would be Buy a plot of land in the Kent countryside. Hire an architect. Get my dream home built.

Jack of all trades then? In reality to be good at what you do you need to have some understanding of all industries anyway. However I often find other disciplines always seem to have some weird ideas about electrical.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Got a late night question for folks: if you could be one animal, what would you pick? I'd go with an bull shark...which is very badass.

I like being human, similar to martinmc78 but if I had to choose another animal I would go with cat. Let's face it, they have the life. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Bonus late night question: if you won the lottery, what are the first 3 things you would spend your money on?

This question comes down to 'how much' but assuming a lot.

1. Helping family and friends out
2. Buy ch?teau in south of France to run a B&B
3. Do some travel to places I haven't been yet

There is of course many other things I have in mind but those are the first three.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Jack of all trades then? In reality to be good at what you do you need to have some understanding of all industries anyway. However I often find other disciplines always seem to have some weird ideas about electrical.

Yeah jack of all - master of a couple. Yeah I agree with you there about electrical - a lot of the mechanical people think its just a bit of cable why cant you just bend it. They fail to see that the bending radius on 4 core armoured is something like 600mm - It doesn't "just bend".

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Why is it when you're losing weight that sometimes you look like you're sliming down and then you turn a certain way or in a different light and it looks like you imagined what you saw? Maybe it's just the way I feel in the morning. :/

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

So apparently I woke up this morning thinking - "I know, I'll go into town and get GTA V without preordering" ... yeah I wonder how that's going turn out...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah jack of all - master of a couple. Yeah I agree with you there about electrical - a lot of the mechanical people think its just a bit of cable why cant you just bend it. They fail to see that the bending radius on 4 core armoured is something like 600mm - It doesn't "just bend".

When you get to lead covered cable the bend radius is crazy, especially on the multi-cores. We have to always fight for space on projects. It's a never ending battles, especially with piping. They always feel way too important. :p

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Why is it when you're losing weight that sometimes you look like you're sliming down and then you turn a certain way or in a different light and it looks like you imagined what you saw? Maybe it's just the way I feel in the morning. :/

Yeah I get that sometimes. I always remind myself when getting dressed though that I have dropped a waist size and my new clothes are still a little loose.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

So apparently I woke up this morning thinking - "I know, I'll go into town and get GTA V without preordering" ... yeah I wonder how that's going turn out...

Should be OK - I cant remember the last time a game "sold out" on launch day. Retailers seem to have learned there lesson.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

When you get to lead covered cable the bend radius is crazy, especially on the multi-cores. We have to always fight for space on projects. It's a never ending battles, especially with piping. They always feel way too important. :p

Ive found its always the sprinklers and fire protection that feel they are too important.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss