WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I wish i was like you, i'm a lazy *******.

I eat a lot and i don't do much exercise (Would walking at a fast pace a school work? :p)

Doesn't matter much when your at school age - the weight is a lot harder to shift when you get older - im 35 and my job involves sitting at a desk for upto 12 hours a day. All I used to do was eat badly like BP. Then when you bump into people you haven't seen for a while and the first thing out of their mouths is wow you've put on some weight it kinda becomes a mission to get back in shape.

Although bear in mind in my mid 20's I was super fit - playing American football every Sunday, training 3 times a week for that as well as doing some form of martial art the other three days. I used to be a machine - hit 28 got too many concussions playing football and messed my back up so spent the next 7 years just doing nothing.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

They don't get as cold in Melbourne as they do in Scotland. :p Not to mention it rains way more often in Scotland.

Some days its been pretty damn cold, about 3C in the morning, then again, that's daily weather over in Scotland. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Some days its been pretty damn cold, about 3C in the morning, then again, that's daily weather over in Scotland. :p

Isn't it getting warmer yet? People I know in Brisbane are enjoying 30C at the moment.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Wow, 14 hour drive for two hours??? I'm guessing it was on the way to somewhere else?

Nope was a planned 14 hour drive. Had never driven for that long before and wanted to get a test run in to see how I felt at the end of it as the following weekend I was driving through France overnight to Barcelona which is also 14 hours. The Edinburgh run was just to find out if I would need to stop somewhere to get some rest while going through France.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Yes, I was right...i went to sleep and 6 hours later there's 10 pages to read through to catch up...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well to be fair I woke up this morning and had a whole page of posts just from you to read through.

true...but I worked the night shift and only tried to post a few things. Didn't realize that post stuffing was so hard...guess I don't have the energy like BP to do it...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Matter of fact I often wonder if it ever stops raining in Scotland. :p

Just bought up a memory of an argument I had with an architect over the size of a lightwell in a hospital I worked on in Aberdeen - he had sacrificed the services riser space in order to make the lightwell bigger - when everything wouldn't fit I pointed out the statistically Aberdeen only gets 30 sunny days out of 365 and that the lightwell could be reduced by one metre and not make any difference.

As usual with architects they are always right - ended up changing the services design at a cost of hundreds of thousands just so he could keep his lightwell.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just bought up a memory of an argument I had with an architect over the size of a lightwell in a hospital I worked on in Aberdeen - he had sacrificed the services riser space in order to make the lightwell bigger - when everything wouldn't fit I pointed out the statistically Aberdeen only gets 30 sunny days out of 365 and that the lightwell could be reduced by one metre and not make any difference.

As usual with architects they are always right - ended up changing the services design at a cost of hundreds of thousands just so he could keep his lightwell.

I have to say the lead architect we have on this project is pretty damn good. However, I am in total agreement with your opinion to most architects. Right pain in the ***.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb