WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Drooling over the deal at expansys...excited at the Rogers 1020 coming out soon...would love to own a 8X, 1020 and Ativ S but the wallet won't allow it...

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Drooling over the deal at expansys...excited at the Rogers 1020 coming out soon...would love to own a 8X, 1020 and Ativ S but the wallet won't allow it...

my wallet won't allow for a new phone and won't have my 920 much longer. Not sure if selling the HTC One will net me enough cash either...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

my wallet won't allow for a new phone and won't have my 920 much longer. Not sure if selling the HTC One will net me enough cash either...

I so want a Lumia 1020. The camera on there is so bad ***. I can think of a ton of stuff I can use it for. I actually like the 8X as my daily driver. Ideally I would love to get one of the international LTE models and put the wireless charging feature there and that would make a perfect daily driver for me. Then I would switch over to my Lumia when I'm going out just to have a killer camera on hand. Still, if you asked me to pick one phone as my only phone to have...it is the ATIV S. Because for my all around needs, it covers all bases. The camera is good enough. The phone is light enough. Design wise, it looks professional. Big screen for multimedia. Replaceable battery. MicroSD support. If I was on bare minimum, I'd get that, a back up battery and a Asus tab and I'm set for the next 2 years. The Ativ S was what I would have bought last year at launch if I could have found one.

But I'm greedy. So if it were up to me, I'd have all 3...but I may just go with getting a 1020 to replace my 810. Now, if I can get the 810 sold faster, then I'd buy a Ativ S and wait until next summer when I can get a 1020 cheaper...

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I so want a Lumia 1020. The camera on there is so bad ***. I can think of a ton of stuff I can use it for. I actually like the 8X as my daily driver. Ideally I would love to get one of the international LTE models and put the wireless charging feature there and that would make a perfect daily driver for me. Then I would switch over to my Lumia when I'm going out just to have a killer camera on hand. Still, if you asked me to pick one phone as my only phone to have...it is the ATIV S. Because for my all around needs, it covers all bases. The camera is good enough. The phone is light enough. Design wise, it looks professional. Big screen for multimedia. Replaceable battery. MicroSD support. If I was on bare minimum, I'd get that, a back up battery and a Asus tab and I'm set for the next 2 years. The Ativ S was what I would have bought last year at launch if I could have found one.

But I'm greedy. So if it were up to me, I'd have all 3...but I may just go with getting a 1020 to replace my 810. Now, if I can get the 810 sold faster, then I'd buy a Ativ S and wait until next summer when I can get a 1020 cheaper...

Well I've gone through that phase already of greediness. Nowadays I want a phone to last me 18-24 months. But looks like it's not happening... Guess I'm gonna have to get used to Android again...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well I've gone through that phase already of greediness. Nowadays I want a phone to last me 18-24 months. But looks like it's not happening... Guess I'm gonna have to get used to Android again...

I bought by 810 with that expectation of using it for 2 years. Once t-mo killed it due to poor sales, then those expectations died for me. Honestly, the only things I dislike about my 810 are the fact that it is a carrier variant and that it has 8GB internal storage. Otherwise, I could simply ignore the 1020, 925 and Ativ S. I just don't trust the us carriers and would rather going back to unlocked models. I'm on t-mo because of price...my bill is cheap, and I get good service in my area. The only phone I expect to use for a while is the 1020, and maybe my 8X because I put some money into its repairs.

But otherwise my cycle is a year and I keep my stuff in great condition so I get bank for buck on resale. As for Android, if its not the Xperia series, I'm not interested anymore. I still like the Nexus line, but I'm digging where Sony is going.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like I've got to put in some work on the night shift...where to start?

Today was a Z-O-O at work. It is hard to function in a busy clinic whole helping to train 2 new people to do your job. I'm surprised I was able to see as many patients as I did...whenever you have someone new on the job it is hard to take shortcuts because you need them to see how things are done the correct way, not the veteran shortcut experience manner. It was tiring...then to have to run to class and sit through a 2.5 hour lecture. Somebody shoot me as to why I'm commuting full time, working fill time, and in grad school full time...there aren't enough hours in the day for all the reading to be done.

And yet, I'm actually happy trying to juggle all these things as it's an opportunity to grow as a professional.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa