WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Boy Scout motto - Always be prepared.

LOL! Never was a boy Scout. I think the truth of the matter is, in most 'normal' countries it isn't too difficult to get the weather right, however here in the UK, well, just take an umbrella, jacket and wear a short sleeve shirt and all is well. :p

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Boy Scout motto - Always be prepared.

I promise to do my best to do my duty, to help other people at all times, to obey the Scout law, to keep myself physical strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

The Boy Scout Promise.

Cannot believe that is waisting space in my memory after all these years.....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Ready to fake my way through another day at work.... MFSTisMIA, that means you are about ready to get off work. Glad to be here for you.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I promise to do my best to do my duty, to god and to the queen, to help other people at all times, to obey the Scout law, to keep myself physical strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

The Boy Scout Promise.

Cannot believe that is waisting space in my memory after all these years.....

You missed a bit. :winktongue:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Didn't they drop the 'god' bit here? I think it's still in the US. As for the queen...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Don't know I was about 14 the last time I said it. And yeah I was being a bit British about it with the queen in there.

I wish I could remember 14... well sort of... I think at the time I was skinny, tallish and not used to it. :p

Very British with the queen. There will soonish be a king... that will be odd.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They are some stunning pictures - My 1020 is delivered Friday. Am really going to push O2 to let me keep it in exchange for my now faulty 8x.

I thought you weren't getting it anymore??? Was there a change or did you find out about the charge afterwards?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I thought you weren't getting it anymore??? Was there a change or did you find out about the charge afterwards?

Well it went like this - Error on O2 website basically gave me two accounts. I realised what had happened and cancelled the order over the phone on Friday.

On Monday I received a message from O2 saying my phone had been dispatched and could I please pick a delivery date between Wednesday and Friday. I then phoned O2 again to ask what was going on and as far as they were concerned the order was cancelled

Yesterday I get an email from O2 telling me my first bill was ready and detailing the charges for my new phone.

Once its delivered Friday im going to head to my local O2 store and complain in person and try and keep the 1020 as they have continually made mistakes with their website and phone communications. From an O2 standpoint I will have 2 phones with identical phone numbers and contracts and be paying the same for both which just isn't possible. Im going to lay it on thick about the 8x not working properly since GDR2 as well.

Hopefully I can embarrass the store manager enough to just let me keep the 1020 and cancel the 8x contract - they aren't losing anything at the end of the day. Should work out in my favour. If you think my sarcasm cuts deep on here imagine what I'm like in person when I'm not happy :winktongue:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well it went like this - Error on O2 website basically gave me two accounts. I realised what had happened and cancelled the order over the phone on Friday.

On Monday I received a message from O2 saying my phone had been dispatched and could I please pick a delivery date between Wednesday and Friday. I then phoned O2 again to ask what was going on and as far as they were concerned the order was cancelled

Yesterday I get an email from O2 telling me my first bill was ready and detailing the charges for my new phone.

Once its delivered Friday im going to head to my local O2 store and complain in person and try and keep the 1020 as they have continually made mistakes with their website and phone communications. From an O2 standpoint I will have 2 phones with identical phone numbers and contracts and be paying the same for both which just isn't possible. Im going to lay it on thick about the 8x not working properly since GDR2 as well.

Hopefully I can embarrass the store manager enough to just let me keep the 1020 and cancel the 8x contract - they aren't losing anything at the end of the day. Should work out in my favour. If you think my sarcasm cuts deep on here imagine what I'm like in person when I'm not happy :winktongue:

Sounds like a plan! Good luck with that and I hope you get the 1020 in the end. I was just reading a review of the phone on 'Trusted Reviews'. They only gave it a 7/10 and had some minor complaints about some aspects of the photos. There are some things I don't fully understand with Nokia. It's a flagship phone but they still cut the price in some areas that don't make some sense to me. That review states where the issues are in their eyes. I think they did go a bit overboard and do have some bias, as is the usual case. You can tell just by how they wrote it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

There was an apero on the floor, so ate for the last two hours instead of finishing my stuff. I think I should get to it now...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like a plan! Good luck with that and I hope you get the 1020 in the end. I was just reading a review of the phone on 'Trusted Reviews'. They only gave it a 7/10 and had some minor complaints about some aspects of the photos. There are some things I don't fully understand with Nokia. It's a flagship phone but they still cut the price in some areas that don't make some sense to me. That review states where the issues are in their eyes. I think they did go a bit overboard and do have some bias, as is the usual case. You can tell just by how they wrote it.

Just read through that review on trusted reviews. Its not too bad as it stands - they do make some valid points. But I would like to start seeing reviews that mention apps start going on more about the third party social app efforts that give you all that you need. Bring up the exclusives that we do have compared to what we are missing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just read through that review on trusted reviews. Its not too bad as it stands - they do make some valid points. But I would like to start seeing reviews that mention apps start going on more about the third party social app efforts that give you all that you need. Bring up the exclusives that we do have compared to what we are missing.

I agreed with some of their points but like you I'm tired of the usual jibes about apps. They never seem to mention the positive differences cause they're so used to thinking in Android and iOs terms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3