WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I want the 10,000th post to be awarded $10,000 from BIGPADDY :), that'd be great. Yea it'll be good :p

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Lauren Goode, AllThingsD: "While the 5c looks and feels very familiar, it's still a good phone and an improvement over the 5. But its improvements are evolutionary, not revolutionary."

I don't get this comment

The 5c is the iphone 5!!! How can a plastic cover, which is the ONLY change, be an improvement!!!!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Lauren Goode, AllThingsD: "While the 5c looks and feels very familiar, it's still a good phone and an improvement over the 5. But its improvements are evolutionary, not revolutionary."

I don't get this comment

The 5c is the iphone 5!!! How can a plastic cover, which is the ONLY change, be an improvement!!!!

Because Tim Cooks said so.
A poor soul was screaming this on youtube, lol.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Because Tim Cooks said so.
A poor soul was screaming this on youtube, lol.

I mean its an improvement for apple of course. They get to charge for last years model thats now cheaper to make due to the plastic body and get a load more money instead of letting it go for free as usual.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I mean its an improvement for apple of course. They get to charge for last years model thats now cheaper to make due to the plastic body and get a load more money instead of letting it go for free as usual.

I remember buying a chocolate when I was a kid, used to cost a buck.
One fine day I couldn't find it anywhere and I asked the shopkeeper, he gave me some funny looking one and told me, its the same chocolate just that the wrapper is changed and it costs 2 bucks now, I stopped eating it since that day and am happy I did ;).

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I remember buying a chocolate when I was a kid, used to cost a buck.
One fine day I couldn't find it anywhere and I asked the shopkeeper, he gave me some funny looking one and told me, its the same chocolate just that the wrapper is changed and it costs 2 bucks now, I stopped eating it since that day and am happy I did ;).

Thanks - By comparing chocolate to apple you have now put me off chocolate for life...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks - By comparing chocolate to apple you have now put me off chocolate for life...

Nothing could really put me off chocolate, except for bad chocolate. I hate bad chocolate.

In other news I found out the answer today to something that's been bothering me for some time. I've often wondered where MS got the ideas for their Office Hub and how they handled their documents in general. I see it's more or less a copying of the way Apple does theirs. No wonder why it sucks so bad.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Today I wanted to go to a lecture at 5, then to another apero at 6, then get some groceries, and then go to a bar. But science caught up with me, no I think I'll go to the lecture, then do some sciency things, then maybe get some leftovers from the apero and leave soon enough that I still can make it to the store in time.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Today I wanted to go to a lecture at 5, then to another apero at 6, then get some groceries, and then go to a bar. But science caught up with me, no I think I'll go to the lecture, then do some sciency things, then maybe get some leftovers from the apero and leave soon enough that I still can make it to the store in time.

Two apero's in two days.

That's a lot of aperitif's

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Two apero's in two days.

That's a lot of aperitif's

The one yesterday was organized by a person from another lab, the one today is actually for the first semester bachelor students (I was one of them many years ago ;) ) which is organized by a friend of mine. I'd go to see him and to get some nostalgic feelings.

And I'm a PhD student, I'll go everywhere I can get free food.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

The one yesterday was organized by a person from another lab, the one today is actually for the first semester bachelor students (I was one of them many years ago ;) ) which is organized by a friend of mine. I'd go to see him and to get some nostalgic feelings.

And I'm a PhD student, I'll go everywhere I can get free food.

You didn't have to add the PhD bit in - Students are the same the world over - free food is free food.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

You didn't have to add the PhD bit in - Students are the same the world over - free food is free food.

Well, during my bachelor I was living at my mom's. So I was provided with the greatest food imaginable. I didn't need to nourish from apero snacks back then. ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, during my bachelor I was living at my mom's. So I was provided with the greatest food imaginable. I didn't need to nourish from apero snacks back then. ;-)

Wish I could say that about my mum's food but I'd be lying...

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like the usual praise for Apple. What's else is new? Come back when you find someone with something useful to say.

I thought you had something more useful, like a decent review of a WP.

Apple would have paid Tech reviewers a LOT to make them say good things about the 5c. :p

My mother might end up getting the 5s.... And my father hates iOS 7....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks...fighting both the cold (looks like a caught a stubborn head cold) and another long *** week. Grad school s starting to slow down and make sense but the amount of reading to do is tremendous. Still here drooling over that Ativ S deal and am quietly trolling for a 1020 (64GB version).

This weekend is my ex's birthday...her mom is doing a small get together so I'm looking forward to that.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Excellent. I've got another 4 hours until mine. :) Looking forward to it too. Though the weather isn't looking the best I'll still enjoy not being at work for three days. :p

For the past 3 days from yesterday, it was raining heavily upon leaving school. Not the best weather to experience during Spring, but anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb