WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just installed Defraggler on a pc in office, Like a Boss (Because am the youngest here and know technical things :p)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, I've just finished installing it, and it's kind of disappointing. Sure, I'm impressed, but I'm disappointed at the same time. I'm waiting for the devs to take advantage of iOS 7.

The guy who owns the 5S feels the same about iOS7 on the iPad. There's a couple of other things he doesn't like about iOS7 and some things he loves. It appears to be one of those love/hate things going on.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I got the Amber update on my 920 and I downloaded Nokia Pro Cam. So far with Amber I'm not too impressed. Some things appear to be working the slower (GPS) and my battery drain issue still exists. So I'm not overly happy. I have no idea if I got GDR2 as I don't appear to have FM radio... ?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

So I got the Amber update on my 920 and I downloaded Nokia Pro Cam. So far with Amber I'm not too impressed. Some things appear to be working the slower (GPS) and my battery drain issue still exists. So I'm not overly happy. I have no idea if I got GDR2 as I don't appear to have FM radio... ?

Same for me, I was disappointed as well with the same issues and WiFi keeps going off!

And no fm radio I want to listen to capital!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Same for me, I was disappointed as well with the same issues and WiFi keeps going off!

And no fm radio I want to listen to capital!

Found the radio. It's in music + video. I thought it would be similar to Nokia Symbian. How silly of me.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well I grew up in the Gameboy era. So its kinda special.

Some people are not nostalgic and tend to see old technology as useless or pointless. I'm a fan of future tech but I appreciate where technology has come from. I've grown up with it pretty much my whole life, from the first home computers to the latest smartphones.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Some people are not nostalgic and tend to see old technology as useless or pointless. I'm a fan of future tech but I appreciate where technology has come from. I've grown up with it pretty much my whole life, from the first home computers to the latest smartphones.

Old tech is good for about 5 minutes just to see how far we have come. The old Atari 2600 games are good for a 5 minute time waster now on mobile but they soon lose there appeal. I grew up with one of these.

amstrad.jpg

Amstrad cpc 6128 - it was the first (and only) PC to use 3" disks when all other PC's were using tapes. Games were incredibly hard to get hold of but I have fond memories of playing this.

raid.jpg

Ahh the joys of 128kb of memory.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Old tech is good for about 5 minutes just to see how far we have come. The old Atari 2600 games are good for a 5 minute time waster now on mobile but they soon lose there appeal. I grew up with one of these.

Amstrad cpc 6128 - it was the first (and only) PC to use 3" disks when all other PC's were using tapes. Games were incredibly hard to get hold of but I have fond memories of playing this.

Ahh the joys of 128kb of memory.

Interesting.

I had one of these second hand:

Pong.png

My brother bought one of these Timex Sinclair:

times.png

And in school I learned computers on one of these:

pet2001-black.jpg

That was when I was in 3rd of 4th year primary school (so around 9 years old) only two in the class.

I don't miss any of those things.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

We had the ZX spectrum's in school with the rubber keyboards and then bbc micro's later on with those ridiculous 5.25" floppy disks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We had the ZX spectrum's in school with the rubber keyboards and then bbc micro's later on with those ridiculous 5.25" floppy disks.

Did you know there was a 8" floppy? I've actually seen one. I remember the 5" and the 3.5". I hated them both. LOL! I was so happy to see the floppy drive die.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Did you know there was a 8" floppy? I've actually seen one. I remember the 5" and the 3.5". I hated them both. LOL! I was so happy to see the floppy drive die.

I don't know what's worse: floppy drives or dial up internet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster