WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Day 1 of new job over. I feel totally and completely lost, overwhelmed and in despair at how complex the current system is that I have to adapt to. Most of this ill-feeling is because the last person didn't know what they were doing, and so I have to deal with the backlog. It's a month temping and from day 1 experience I don't see myself there more than a month.

Having said that every day from here on will no doubt get better and the job itself is great experience of getting familiar with how these companies work.

Is this your average first day or what?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

The people I'm working with are really nice and have tried to help me as much as they can. I was with someone all day today. Tomorrow they leave me on my own, but with encouragement to ask the questions I need to etc. Can't really complain about the people. It's more the complexity and state of the system let alone that it's all completely admin work and nothing creative or design, but I knew that going in. I'm trying to take each day step by step and maintain some perspective, but saying it is easier than actually doing it.

Whether I end up working more than the contracted 1 month, the experience of how these bigger companies is what I'm going to try to take away.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Day 1 of new job over. I feel totally and completely lost, overwhelmed and in despair at how complex the current system is that I have to adapt to. Most of this ill-feeling is because the last person didn't know what they were doing, and so I have to deal with the backlog. It's a month temping and from day 1 experience I don't see myself there more than a month.

Having said that every day from here on will no doubt get better and the job itself is great experience of getting familiar with how these companies work.

Is this your average first day or what?

Well it should get better it a bit tense at first then it gets alot better. My first place was a bit quiet then it got awesome!

Unlike the new place I'm working for now that just gone down and down.

But you get good places and bad places.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

The people I'm working with are really nice and have tried to help me as much as they can. I was with someone all day today. Tomorrow they leave me on my own, but with encouragement to ask the questions I need to etc. Can't really complain about the people. It's more the complexity and state of the system let alone that it's all completely admin work and nothing creative or design, but I knew that going in. I'm trying to take each day step by step and maintain some perspective, but saying it is easier than actually doing it.

Whether I end up working more than the contracted 1 month, the experience of how these bigger companies is what I'm going to try to take away.

Experience is awesome to have!!!

I got enough experience to leave the place, I'm at now!!!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Great day to be off from work. The weather outside is nice here in the Northeast. 

Today I was in the lab from 8.00 to 7.00. But to be fair, I had an hour of lunch and an extended cake break in the afternoon. Nonetheless, when I finally made it home it was almost dark. So enjoy the day for me a little bit too :)

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Everyone hates moving from one place to another, when you got a lot of stuff and items that have been handed down by the family through the generations. Spent all weekend and today moving all the away across town. What a pain in rear it was, moving that old hardwood table with glass in the middle, moving that dresser which weighs a ton, moving is just a pain in rear.

Good News - much better and bigger house for me and family.

Bad News - having issue with getting good signal in house 1 to 2 bars, no signal at one point in house. And dropping from 4g to 2g. But house has super thick walls and super thick roof, step outside not a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion