WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Again I have an issue with a Microsoft product that affects hundreds of people and no real solution is available.

The WiFi on my desktop shows either limited internet access or internet is incredibly slow.

I don't mind having problems with Microsoft products, after all it is Microsoft, but why do I get all of them?

And please no "Update your driver comments", it would only make me more angry...

Last edited:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You know, bad wifi is probably more to do with your router than a Microsoft product. Happens all the time to me at home when i have more than 2 devices online. A quick power off/on sorts it out

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

You know, bad wifi is probably more to do with your router than a Microsoft product. Happens all the time to me at home when i have more than 2 devices online. A quick power off/on sorts it out

This is even worse than recommending to install a new driver. When I can access internet without any problem from 3 different computers and my phone, then I don't think it's the router.

And just for your information, I not only restarted the router several times, I also reset it twice. When I didn't find the solution in the web after hours of searching, then I don't think I will find it here. I was just telling you about my frustration.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This is even worse than recommending to install a new driver. When I can access internet without any problem from 3 different computers and my phone, then I don't think it's the router.

And just for your information, I not only restarted the router several times, I also reset it twice. When I didn't find the solution in the web after hours of searching, then I don't think I will find it here. I was just telling you about my frustration.

I can totally relate to your frustration. I have had issues lately with my wifi and I know it's not the router. Restarting my computer is the only way to fix it for me. I have connectivity issues. I have also updated the driver etc to sort things out. I've also went looking online and haven't found anything.

However I know it's nothing to do with MS and everything to do with the manufacturer of the laptop and the driver for the wifi card. To suggest it's MS's problem is to assume that MS builds the hardware and writes the drivers which it doesn't.

What I could suggest if you're willing to try something is to go to Hardware and in Device Manager find the WiFi Network adapter and do a right click on it and and uninstall. Include deleting the driver. Then restart the computer. See if that helps. If you haven't tried that yet.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Don't shoot the messenger. Was just trying to relate. I know my router is rubbish as its an old one from sky. Have got one of their new upgraded ones on order that can hopefully allow for more connections before it starts running into issues.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

You work in a very small company. I work for a multinational engineering firm on a very large project. There's probably more meetings going on in a day than I care to think about.

I never get told or the other technician when someone coming to fix a computer, projector put in new equipment were left guessing when the manager goes out for lunch or does other stuff.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have tried all of this.

I also don't blame Microsoft for no reason. Many of the people with the same issue didn't have an issue with Win 7, but did have it after upgrading to Win 8. (Yes, clean install with current drivers.)

Also many recommendations to solve the problem are based on messed up Windows standard settings, like sending desktop computer WiFi devices into power save mode during use.

And yes, turning this off helped the symptoms but didn't resolve the issue.

My next step planned is cursing a little bit more and getting a wire as soon as I can.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm really irritated by HP cause my laptop has had issues with WiFi almost since I had it. Then I had the issue where the hinge jammed and the bezel around my screen cracked. So yeah, won't be buying another HP.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have tried all of this.

I also don't blame Microsoft for no reason. Many of the people with the same issue didn't have an issue with Win 7, but did have it after upgrading to Win 8. (Yes, clean install with current drivers.)

Also many recommendations to solve the problem are based on messed up Windows standard settings, like sending desktop computer WiFi devices into power save mode during use.

And yes, turning this off helped the symptoms but didn't resolve the issue.

My next step planned is cursing a little bit more and getting a wire as soon as I can.

Yes, this is one of the main issues with W8. Even though they upgraded the drivers the hardware still doesn't work right. I've noticed this is a constant issue with some hardware. Not sure who to blame though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I never get told or the other technician when someone coming to fix a computer, projector put in new equipment were left guessing when the manager goes out for lunch or does other stuff.

That's crap management, nothing to do with not having meetings... :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Don't shoot the messenger. Was just trying to relate. I know my router is rubbish as its an old one from sky. Have got one of their new upgraded ones on order that can hopefully allow for more connections before it starts running into issues.

I am sorry, the anger is fully targeted at the issue, not at you. Sometimes I get emotional :)

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes, this is one of the main issues with W8. Even though they upgraded the drivers the hardware still doesn't work right. I've noticed this is a constant issue with some hardware. Not sure who to blame though.

Do you think it could be because W8 goes and finds the drivers for hardware itself? Issues were never this regular with hardware in windows 7 when all the drivers could be installed from CD

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Do you think it could be because W8 goes and finds the drivers for hardware itself? Issues were never this regular with hardware in windows 7 when all the drivers could be installed from CD

I don't think that has anything to do with it and W7 actually did the same thing. I have the HP driver installed and it still doesn't work right. I might investigate it more as I never really took the time to sort it out but I know if you do a search on WiFi issues and W8 you'll end up with a lot of results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077