WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

We are not all engineers... I hope I've bought the right ethernet cable ;-)

What I remember: Crossed for PC to PC; not crossed for the rest. So I bought the second one.

Did you get a cat5e?

Or cat6 there more then that as well for different uses! :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Craig Ferguson has thought me everything about the term Cable TV. "You guys are only here because you can't afford cable!" ;-)

I wanted to write reserve, not reverse. Oops. I was reffering to the TV show "The Wire". I know that a person with a microphone for example in investigations is wearing a wire.

I didn't know about the telegraph cable, interesting.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Microsoft presenter said Xbox 361 two times. My golly...

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

you could also throw lead into the mix :winktongue:

as in power lead - monitor lead - internet lead

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Craig Ferguson has thought me everything about the term Cable TV. "You guys are only here because you can't afford cable!" ;-)

I wanted to write reserve, not reverse. Oops. I was reffering to the TV show "The Wire". I know that a person with a microphone for example in investigations is wearing a wire.

I didn't know about the telegraph cable, interesting.

Yep that's right. There's also an horse racing term - Down to the wire, which means finish line. I've seen some shows take old sayings and shorten them.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Is CAT5 100 Mbit? I don't really care, all I do with this is using the internet which is 10 Mbit. Therefore I just took a cheap one.

Yep that the best way don't need experience Ethernet cables, Cat5 will be fine unless you want a Cat6e for true ultimate speed!!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Is CAT5 100 Mbit? I don't really care, all I do with this is using the internet which is 10 Mbit. Therefore I just took a cheap one.

Yes CAT5 is for 100 MBit max speed. CAT6 is for 100MBit or higher.

Also STP stands for Sheilded Twisted Pair.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
With Cat6e you can get a full 10 gigabit Ethernet speeds!!!

Which the speed will maintain the same strength throughout a 100 metres!!!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Yes CAT5 is for 100 MBit max speed. CAT6 is for 100MBit or higher.

Also STP stands for Sheilded Twisted Pair.

The shielded one had the same price as the the normal, but it said it's extra strong, so I took this one. It has to come in a door which I close at night, so extra strength will be good.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The shielded one had the same price as the the normal, but it said it's extra strong, so I took this one. It has to come in a door which I close at night, so extra strength will be good.

The shielding is for reduction of noise on the signals. You would have wanted armored cable. Not sure what 'extra strength' is, it may have more to with the connectors rather than the actual cable.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Also BP did make a mention of some programs possibly blocking youe WiFi. Did your computer come pre-installed with a virus prorgram other than MS?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Also BP did make a mention of some programs possibly blocking youe WiFi. Did your computer come pre-installed with a virus prorgram other than MS?

Yes, it was the first thing I removed. And I checked auto-start and processes, there's nothing running.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes, it was the first thing I removed. And I checked auto-start and processes, there's nothing running.

Ah, bummer. I say removed the PCI card, ship it back to Asus and tell them to send you back something that works. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99