WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I didn't say hate, that's too strong a word. Its just not quite Friday. Its like one more hurdle to get to, to reach the end of the week. Its also the day before payday so im usually broke by Thursday and I hate not having money.

Weekly pay seems so strange to me. In Switzerland I think everybody gets paid monthly. There might be exceptions for temporary positions, but I have never heard of long term employes not being paid monthly.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Weekly pay seems so strange to me. In Switzerland I think everybody gets paid monthly. There might be exceptions for temporary positions, but I have never heard of long term employes not being paid monthly.

How about you get paid every hour and you spend like 10 minutes in an hour to collect your pay :D?, so if you worked for 8 hours, you get paid for 80 minutes where you basically did nothing and then there's lunch break and **** break etc.,

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

It has its upsides as well as downsides - Its good knowing you have money coming in every Friday so don't have to budget for a whole month - but it sometimes sucks living from week to week - I only really ever get to save any money when a month has 5 weeks - Week 1 is bill week taking almost all my pay - week 2 is rent week again taking nearly all my pay - week 3 is maintenance week which is half my pay - Week 4 don't have any outgoings but have to ration my money to cover the next two weeks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

He's a contractor. Weekly pay is the norm when you contract. I miss it already. Now that I've decided to be staff it's the first time in my life that I ever got paid monthly. I don't like it. I even forgot what day I got paid. LOL!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

He's a contractor. Weekly pay is the norm when you contract. I miss it already. Now that I've decided to be staff it's the first time in my life that I ever got paid monthly. I don't like it. I even forgot what day I got paid. LOL!

This isn't the norm in Switzerland. Bills generally are paid at the end of the month and people get upset if they get a bill at the beginning of the month with only 10 days time to pay it.

So I think it's pretty easy to plan ahead, you pay all your bills a day after you get your payment.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This isn't the norm in Switzerland. Bills generally are paid at the end of the month and people get upset if they get a bill at the beginning of the month with only 10 days time to pay it.

So I think it's pretty easy to plan ahead, you pay all your bills a day after you get your payment.

I'm in enough shock getting paid monthly. Having it as 'the norm' is rather depressing. My 'bills' are all over the month so there's no standard day they come out.

When I lived in Australia you pay rent weekly. I couldn't have fathomed getting paid monthly in that situation. But lots of people do get paid monthly.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm in enough shock getting paid monthly. Having it as 'the norm' is rather depressing. My 'bills' are all over the month so there's no standard day they come out.

When I lived in Australia you pay rent weekly. I couldn't have fathomed getting paid monthly in that situation. But lots of people do get paid monthly.

I do.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Hmm - this thread has got so big were no longer displaying on the latest discussions page.

Quite annoying.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have also never heard of weekly rent in Switzerland. Personally I think it doesn't matter if you get paid weekly or monthly, there should just be some kind of system in it or it gets messy. In Switzerland everything I can think of is organized in a monthly fashion.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I was referring to Australia when I made my comment, that's why I asked.

What if I say this thread is where nothing matters except reaching 10k post count, no matter what you say or do :D?

I'd like to put this in a Morpheus meme but am too too too lazy you know.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have also never heard of weekly rent in Switzerland. Personally I think it doesn't matter if you get paid weekly or monthly, there should just be some kind of system in it or it gets messy. In Switzerland everything I can think of is organized in a monthly fashion.

Well Australia is messy but that's a whole other discussion. I'm all for a simpler system. Finland's was pretty good.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

What if I told you,
All that matters is whether you get paid?
hah!

I got payed yesterday. This was pretty nice.

I just realized after the last step of a long and expensive experiment, that I ****ed the basics up. This is quite the opposite of pretty nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss