WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I got payed yesterday. This was pretty nice.

I just realized after the last step of a long and expensive experiment, that I ****ed the basics up. This is quite the opposite of pretty nice.

I will be paid on Monday, and I am not even excited, it stays the same even after I get paid.

Do you get any interest from the bank for keeping your money with them?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I will be paid on Monday, and I am not even excited, it stays the same even after I get paid.

Do you get any interest from the bank for keeping your money with them?

I got paid last Friday and didn't even know it. LOL! Oh well I guess I'll get used to the idea one day.

Here in the UK there's interest on savings but it's so low it's pointless, it was the same in Australia.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Getting paid is good. I rather be a millionaire and do what I want though. :p

On a serious note - I could have gazillion dollars under my disposal, that won't really make me happy, rather it'll get me worried, make me lose sleep and carp like that.
All I need is my own home and a disposable income with certain savings to meet unforeseen expenses, nothing makes me more happy :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

On a serious note - I could have gazillion dollars under my disposal, that won't really make me happy, rather it'll get me worried, make me lose sleep and carp like that.
All I need is my own home and a disposable income with certain savings to meet unforeseen expenses, nothing makes me more happy :)

As a PhD student I get paid little for Swiss job standards (I get paid extremely well in comparison to PhD students in other countries), but I still think I can afford everything and more than I need. I wouldn't mind getting paid more though ;-)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

As a PhD student I get paid little for Swiss job standards (I get paid extremely well in comparison to PhD students in other countries), but I still think I can afford everything and more than I need. I wouldn't mind getting paid more though ;-)

I would love to settle abroad :'(, can't at the moment.
I have to learn the guitar first so am not lonely, specially when am in Swiss town where you are living and I come to cheer you up with my guitar skills, I could come right now but my skills will only depress you.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

When I said I wanted to be a millionaire I meant just enough to allow me to do what I want. I don't want to be famous or ridiculously rich that I have to worry about it. Just enough that I can get by without much notice.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I would love to settle abroad :'(, can't at the moment.
I have to learn the guitar first so am not lonely, specially when am in Swiss town where you are living and I come to cheer you up with my guitar skills, I could come right now but my skills will only depress you.

I'm on country number 4. I can tell you that living in one country is not much different than living in another. They all start to feel the same after a while. You still got to go and do what you need to do. Yes some things are better than others and in some places people go on about 'lifestyle' but at the end of the day you still need to earn a living and do the everyday things.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm on country number 4. I can tell you that living in one country is not much different than living in another. They all start to feel the same after a while. You still got to go and do what you need to do. Yes some things are better than others and in some places people go on about 'lifestyle' but at the end of the day you still need to earn a living and do the everyday things.

I never hear of random blasts or corruption taking place in Swiss :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

You never hear of corruption because it's kept quiet. To suggest that it doesn't exist is silly. What do you mean by 'random blasts'.

Bomb blasts, and other terror stuff in India are common, like children bursting crackers for New Year, its worst in Pakistan and Afgan tho.

I know Swiss has corruption, compared to India its much much much less!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Bomb blasts, and other terror stuff in India are common, like children bursting crackers for New Year, its worst in Pakistan and Afgan tho.

I know Swiss has corruption, compared to India its much much much less!

Yes, it's less obvious and just different. If there's one thing I think I've learned so far in life is that corruption is just different in 1st world countries compared to 3rd world countries. We tend to turn a blind eye to it cause it's just worded differently whereas in India and other places is more blatant. As for terrorism is another issue that I think would somewhat disappear if we got rid of some of our more silly ideas as humans. There will always be those who will covet power but maybe if we got more enlightened in our thinking as a world population, maybe there would be less terrorism. However I don't see that happening for another 1000 years or so, if humans are still around by then.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

When I said I wanted to be a millionaire I meant just enough to allow me to do what I want. I don't want to be famous or ridiculously rich that I have to worry about it. Just enough that I can get by without much notice.

I think around 5 million would do it for me. That's enough for me to get my house built, make sure my family are taken care of, enjoy life for a year, and have enough left over to stick in a bank and live comfortably off the interest.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

What are you planning for the weekend?
I am planning to lay on the couch all day, maybe spray some tea tree oil mixed with water on my room, I have some almost invisible bugs in the ceiling, saw 3-4 of them on clothes.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I think around 5 million would do it for me. That's enough for me to get my house built, make sure my family are taken care of, enjoy life for a year, and have enough left over to stick in a bank and live comfortably off the interest.

How much %age per year does the bank give in UK?

Over here 10-11.50%, depending where you invest.
$100 invested today would be $110-$111.50 next year :)
Am keen to know because am in Finances.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

How much %age per year does the bank give in UK?

Over here 10-11.50%, depending where you invest.
$100 invested today would be $110-$111.50 next year :)
Am keen to know because am in Finances.

Not sure - but being a millionaire im sure I could find a nice Swiss bank account to put the money into that produced enough interest to live off.

Going on 10% your still talking 100K a year tax free on 1 million which is more than enough to live off with no mortgage. 2mill would obviously make it a lot better with 200K a year

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro