WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Back after days here... SO MUCH to read. I prefer ignoring it. XD

I went for a Gaming competition today, COD4, Got second. Unfortunately no cash prize for 2nd one. :(

I failed my driving test. Who knew you have to extend hand as well while taking a uturn? :/ The guy was a total ******. :( Have to wait a week to give it again.

I tell you, sad days. :(

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I almost moved to the US permanently a few years ago. Had a whole plan laid out with the company I was working with. Was going to head up a US branch. Had found suitable office space in Elizabeth NY and had even found a nice house in Westfield NY to buy. Had built up a list of contacts for picking up work as well so could have hit the ground running.

Directors thought it was a great idea. So much so that they took all my contacts, pinched a load of my ideas, went over to the US and opened up an office in New Orleans and put someone else in charge.

4 months after the move and after I had left that company due to feeling completely betrayed Katrina hit wiping out there investment.

Karma sure does make me smile sometimes.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

I almost moved to the US permanently a few years ago. Had a whole plan laid out with the company I was working with. Was going to head up a US branch. Had found suitable office space in Elizabeth NY and had even found a nice house in Westfield NY to buy. Had built up a list of contacts for picking up work as well so could have hit the ground running.

Directors thought it was a great idea. So much so that they took all my contacts, pinched a load of my ideas, went over to the US and opened up an office in New Orleans and put someone else in charge.

4 months after the move and after I had left that company due to feeling completely betrayed Katrina hit wiping out there investment.

haha.. That was interesting!!! I

feel sad for them... You'll find something better. :D

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The ending is the best but that totally sucked. I hate companies who do crap like that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I guess it's the movies and TV shows. And additionally I had some great holidays in the USA.

I don't think the American military wants to employ a Swiss nonentity like me...

I won't get too political here, but depending on a few things, some of those romantic notions actually fit and can make living in the US and NYC a very pleasant experience. My NYC experience is a little bit different but I still like living here enough for right now.

For the record, if you're good at what you, the US Govt will hire you.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

For the record, if you're good at what you, the US Govt will hire you.

Well, for the next 4 years I think I'm set here :)

They seemed to like the cake. The one I thought was too long in the oven was actually almost perfect. And the almond cake I baked for the first time was also liked very much. So I'm quite pleased.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Bump

Had to do it - bored with doing a refresh and scrolling through all the posts on the page

Sometimes friends can behave very strange. Two of them in a very similar way, and I have really to control myself, to just let it go. One of them just doesn't really read my emails and claims then stuff I have written, even though its different in the history. I have no... this stupid Asus Easy Update that does nothing at all just popped up again. I have to deactivate this thing.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes friends can behave very strange. Two of them in a very similar way, and I have really to control myself, to just let it go. One of them just doesn't really read my emails and claims then stuff I have written, even though its different in the history. I have no... this stupid Asus Easy Update that does nothing at all just popped up again. I have to deactivate this thing.

Yeah people are like that sometimes and only hear and see what they want to.

As for the bloatware - I only ever install the bits that matter. Going through custom installs may take more time at setup but they save a lot in annoying popups later on down the line.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

As for the bloatware - I only ever install the bits that matter. Going through custom installs may take more time at setup but they save a lot in annoying popups later on down the line.

I usually just remove the software I don't care about. I thought I wouldn't mind this update thing, but it always said the update for my Bios is not recognized or something. Now it's removed too :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss