WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

In Australia you could pick up a a 1/4 chicken and chips pretty cheap too. I haven't seen anything in the UK like at that yet.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Last place I worked where I lived up in NE Lincolnshire was like that. Not only was it a cruddy little town. the town was quite depressing and had nothing close by to us. So in hindsight, here is not so bad compared to there, but still not as good as the centre of London.

I worked on terminal 5 at Heathrow and we were airside in a corner the other side of the 2nd runway so completely away from the main complex. Once you were on site there was no point leaving as it took too long to get anywhere.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

In Australia you could pick up a a 1/4 chicken and chips pretty cheap too. I haven't seen anything in the UK like at that yet.

This makes me really hungry ;-)

Well, I think I'll leave now. See what I can get to eat.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

You tried the supermarkets? Most do a whole hot roast chicken for ?5. Pick up a baguette for ?1 and split it between 3 people - good food for ?2 each.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Jawbone Jambox speaker is a good choice - quite small but an impressive sound quality and volume

I picked up a cheap portable bluetooth speaker from Tesco for ?34 which is actually half decent. Charges via USB. Half decent sound for what we use it for.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Does Australian chicken taste different then?

No I'm sure the chicken is the same but it's kind of like the difference between having fish and chips by the sea and having them somewhere else. To explain. It's a 'charcoal' chicken shop. They basically do chicken and chips. Some do some other things. It's cheap, quick and tasty. Also liberal doses of chicken salt is used.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

No I'm sure the chicken is the same but it's kind of like the difference between having fish and chips by the sea and having them somewhere else. To explain. It's a 'charcoal' chicken shop. They basically do chicken and chips. Some do some other things. It's cheap, quick and tasty. Also liberal doses of chicken salt is used.

OK now that's different and explains "not the same"

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I worked on terminal 5 at Heathrow and we were airside in a corner the other side of the 2nd runway so completely away from the main complex. Once you were on site there was no point leaving as it took too long to get anywhere.

I've worked in one remote plant in Australia and near an airport at a construction site. The remote plant had a canteen though you wouldn't want to eat anything from it. The nearest petrol station had a canteen which was marginally better than the one at the plant. At the airport I lived close to it but everything was sort of close by so you could drive to somewhere. It had a canteen as well on site but again the food quality was what you'd expect. I typically took my lunch to both.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm tired. But I have to dance to night, I must dance.

Somehow this brings the Phantom of the Opera music to my mind...

Edit: I just realized why my brain made a connection to the Phantom of the Opera. It's totally weird and has nothing to do with anything.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm tired. But I have to dance to night, I must dance.

Somehow this brings the Phantom of the Opera music to my mind...

Edit: I just realized why my brain made a connection to the Phantom of the Opera. It's totally weird and has nothing to do with anything.

you are turning ......RANDOM!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah on site canteens are never good

Even my current canteen is what I would call 'average'. I rarely eat anything from it and when I tried stuff I was disappointed. I only get sandwiches from there on days I can't be bothered bringing my lunch. Sad, since I have sandwiches every day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6