WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

WAIT I just noticed Laura and Msftismia are awake ...and its a 3 hour difference from me ..... lol what are you guys still doing up :winktongue: ? I'm not judging I just think its funny in a way :wink:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Mmm, quesadillas.
ehhh I just ate them :eek:rly: and yes they were good they some cheese, meat , and some chicken I wanted to make more but I didn't want to make much noise or else my mother would say in Spanish " porque haces mucho ruido" in other works ": why do you make so much noise" hehehe so I only made two :unhappysweat:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

ehhh I just ate them :eek:rly: and yes they were good they some cheese, meat , and some chicken I wanted to make more but I didn't want to make much noise or else my mother would say in Spanish " porque haces mucho ruido" in other works ": why do you make so much noise" hehehe so I only made two :unhappysweat:

I would think she would say "?Por qu? no compartir?"

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

well time to go to sleep and wake up at 5 to start the same routine :asleep: good night all and maybe tomorrow will be more interesting :smile:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Even though I just ran for an hour, I am not nearly awake enough to follow the last few pages of posts...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I've noticed that most professionals tend to associate with their peers. Doctors have doctor friends. Lawyers have lawyer friends. Etc.

Isn't this because these people are already together a lot of time in their professional time?

I have a lot of biologists as friends, just because I got to know them very well over the years. But I also have a lot of physicists as friends, because in my old lab there were many of them and I got to know them too very well. I can talk about other stuff than just biology, I don't think it's necessary that my friends understand my work.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed that most professionals tend to associate with their peers. Doctors have doctor friends. Lawyers have lawyer friends. Etc.

When it comes to people I want to hang out with I prefer it to be interesting people who enjoy life and have broad experiences. That's what's important to me. However at my age I find making friends difficult. This is partially to do with not having kids.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Watching the US Govt shutdown. This is so stupid. I won't talk politics here, but I feel like hauling the leaders of both parties into a room and beating some sense into them. I feel terrible for those non essential govt workers who have to sit at home until this mess is resolved. It is such a sham and a crying shame all around...

I find US politics pretty nasty these days. In general I final all politics along the same lines, even here in 'cultured' UK. We just recently had our right-wing newspaper take a crack at the oppositions (Labour) father who's dead. How low can one go really?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So what's in a name? My former ex (now my gf) spent most of our phone convo tonight debating the virtues of what names mean to kids and such. I learned that she is fine with a routine I'll describe in a second. So far, my brother has kept our overall tradition alive. My dad, my brother, myself and now my nephew have the dame initials: D.D. My brother gets to name any boys he has with the their first name starting with the letter "D". My sister in law's names start with a "K", so both my nieces have names starting with the letter "K". In my case, if my gf and I have kids, the girl names would start with and "L". Naming is complicated. Lol.

I think the most important aspect of a name is for it not to be too strange. I find some of those more 'interesting' names the celebs give their kids quite depressing and I feel sorry for them. I have a middle name that I haven't quite figured out why I have it. I asked my mother and she says it just sounded good. I don't quite get that. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I think the most important aspect of a name is for it not to be too strange. I find some of those more 'interesting' names the celebs give their kids quite depressing and I feel sorry for them. I have a middle name that I haven't quite figured out why I have it. I asked my mother and she says it just sounded good. I don't quite get that. :p

I have my first name because my parents liked it, and my second name because it sounds good with my family name. A little tradition in our family is, that the oldest son always has the name of his father (I think my brother is the 6th). But my oldest brother doesn't have a son so far, maybe this tradition will soon be over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos