WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sigh. Just annoyed. Ugh. Anyway should head off to bed now. Maybe I'll be on tomorrow. Who knows I might get banned for complaining.

I don't think so. Maybe you get another warning. I think this thread wouldn't be the same without you anyway, then I'd have to leave too and the people available to talk about cake would be drastically reduced.

I bet I'd know which mod was involved there. I won't say a name however, this could really get dangerous ;-)

For now I also need some sleep. Let's see how everything plays out.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sigh. Just annoyed. Ugh. Anyway should head off to bed now. Maybe I'll be on tomorrow. Who knows I might get banned for complaining.

don't stress. people are taught to see and not read in contemporary society these days. I have a joke for that I will share on the night shift later as I'm running to class...

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

So I'm heading back to Canada at Christmas time. Though I'm working on losing weight there is one thing I really want to have again since it's been some time since I had it. If you've ever been to Canada (though I've heard there are some places in the US that do it now too) there's a dish called Poutine. What it is, if done correctly, fresh cut french fries (chips), cheese curds and a tasty thick gravy. I decided to search for the best place and I found it. :) So I'm looking forward to the trip now! Though, they'll have to beat the one I had in Quebec in 2003.

A friend of mine here on Dallas is from Canada and I don't know how many times she has mentioned poutine. She even orders gravy for her fries but says it not the same. They do sound good though. I had a co worker bring cheese curds back from Wisconsin and those things were great.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

You won't believe this, but tonight I made a red velvet cake. Pics to come soon.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

Well apparently it's now an infraction now, so unless you're willing to look it up yourself and provide a link I suggest not bothering saying anything. So I won't anymore. Not all. I usually try to be helpful but screw it. It's not worth my time anymore. Someone else can help them out, or like most unanswered threads, it will be ignored by everyone cause that person starting the thread can't be bothered doing a search.

Well maybe instead of breaking the forum rules by telling someone to search you should do something friendly and helpful. Maybe you could do the search yourself then post a screan shot. That way your part of the solution.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Well maybe instead of breaking the forum rules by telling someone to search you should do something friendly and helpful. Maybe you could do the search yourself then post a screan shot. That way your part of the solution.

I don't know Dave, if people don't know how to use bing or the other search engines then they certainly wont be reading any forum rules themselves before making a pointless thread with a question that's already been discussed at length.

Just wondering if there is any way of having threads/posts moderated for say the first 50 posts the same as you do on the marketplace section. I know it would be more work for you guys in charge but it would resolve a lot of problems with 50 different battery drain threads for the same phone.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I've missed out on so many pages it's not a joke,

Well... for those who've been wondering where have i been? A few nights back, there was heavy winds and a tree fell down and damaged the front of our house, on top of that the Telephone lines and wireless have been not functioning, so yeah... Let's just say it was bad luck.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

so I learned something today ....... its against the law in California to ride your bike while having earphones in your ears and not stopping on a stop sign on your bike :confused:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I've missed out on so many pages it's not a joke,

Well... for those who've been wondering where have i been? A few nights back, there was heavy winds and a tree fell down and damaged the front of our house, on top of that the Telephone lines and wireless have been not functioning, so yeah... Let's just say it was bad luck.
dang that is bad :unhappysweat: but at least you still have your house and stuff.....but how are you posting that if you don't have internet connection.... unless its fixed now :amaze:

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

dang that is bad :unhappysweat: but at least you still have your house and stuff.....but how are you posting that if you don't have internet connection.... unless its fixed now :amaze:

I'm using a wireless router my parents bought from Telstra (Australian carrier)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

well ima take off now TIME TO DO SOME French HOMEWORK .....:unhappysweat: I shall talk to you guys later :grin:

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

I don't know Dave, if people don't know how to use bing or the other search engines then they certainly wont be reading any forum rules themselves before making a pointless thread with a question that's already been discussed at length.

Just wondering if there is any way of having threads/posts moderated for say the first 50 posts the same as you do on the marketplace section. I know it would be more work for you guys in charge but it would resolve a lot of problems with 50 different battery drain threads for the same phone.

I would say to that, "teach them how with a good example". Why are we here? I will tell you why I am here. A bunch of years ago I bought a PPC 6700 it was a great device I would call it legendary. I had some issues when using it plus I wanted to explore the possibilities. I wanted to know what the baby was capable of. I had some intelligent and not so intelligent questions to ask. I quickly found a website that had a bunch of information about my device but WOW what a bunch of reading I would have to do to answer the simplest of questions. I posted I asked my question and a nice helpful person linked me to the thread I needed to read to answer my question. I have been doing everything I can to return the favor sense that day.

This is how this community is we are the most helpful kind people on the internet. We will help people we will offer our opinions in a civil manner. We will not tell people to search first. If I am answering the question I am not going to be lazy and say search for this. I am going to do the searching I am going to post the answer or the place to look to get the answer. If anyone doesn't want to do that then just don't post.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I would say to that, "teach them how with a good example". Why are we here? I will tell you why I am here. A bunch of years ago I bought a PPC 6700 it was a great device I would call it legendary. I had some issues when using it plus I wanted to explore the possibilities. I wanted to know what the baby was capable of. I had some intelligent and not so intelligent questions to ask. I quickly found a website that had a bunch of information about my device but WOW what a bunch of reading I would have to do to answer the simplest of questions. I posted I asked my question and a nice helpful person linked me to the thread I needed to read to answer my question. I have been doing everything I can to return the favor sense that day.

This is how this community is we are the most helpful kind people on the internet. We will help people we will offer our opinions in a civil manner. We will not tell people to search first. If I am answering the question I am not going to be lazy and say search for this. I am going to do the searching I am going to post the answer or the place to look to get the answer. If anyone doesn't want to do that then just don't post.

Dave, i respect your opinion and approach, but many people aren't going to search anyways in age of instant gratification. People use the search function on Bing and Google just fine when they want stuff, they should be able to do so here as well...because quite frankly, I've seen and gotten some arrogant numbskull *** responses where it was better people had told me "search for it". Yes, some of us try to help and do it the right way, but people should do an intelligent search - i.e. ask the question and search the forums, not just only search the forums (which can be daunting) or just merely post the question and expect instant answers (especially for "common" or "well established" queries.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

Dave, i respect your opinion and approach, but many people aren't going to search anyways in age of instant gratification. People use the search function on Bing and Google just fine when they want stuff, they should be able to do so here as well...because quite frankly, I've seen and gotten some arrogant numbskull *** responses where it was better people had told me "search for it". Yes, some of us try to help and do it the right way, but people should do an intelligent search - i.e. ask the question and search the forums, not just only search the forums (which can be daunting) or just merely post the question and expect instant answers (especially for "common" or "well established" queries.

I also respect your opinion as well. In this instance I have to respectfully disagree with you.This is a help forum. I no that you understand but I want to make it clear to everybody. Some people come here for help others come to help. If people stop asking question we won't have much to do. In this thread we have the top of the top the people who want to be here. We all enjoy each other company that is how and why this thread has gotten past the 10k mark. I am speaking to all of you now. You all make this website the great place it is. Keep up the great work answering questions and helping people. I see how we fight to make sure people have the facts about WP and all things Microsoft. Every day I am amazed by the dedication and hard work put in by this community. I think you all for that. Me and my team will always work to make sure that the experienced AND novice have a good experience on WPC.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I also respect your opinion as well. In this instance I have to respectfully disagree with you.This is a help forum. I no that you understand but I want to make it clear to everybody. Some people come here for help others come to help. If people stop asking question we won't have much to do. In this thread we have the top of the top the people who want to be here. We all enjoy each other company that is how and why this thread has gotten past the 10k mark. I am speaking to all of you now. You all make this website the great place it is. Keep up the great work answering questions and helping people. I see how we fight to make sure people have the facts about WP and all things Microsoft. Every day I am amazed by the dedication and hard work put in by this community. I think you all for that. Me and my team will always work to make sure that the experienced AND novice have a good experience on WPC.

I was think we're just gonna agree to disagree here, because while we can agree on the importance of making help accessible, the hang up will be on how users go about accessing that help. I just think people should be courteous and do the right thing, which is a combination of searching the forums AND asking questions, not just picking one and doing one solely. But, this is why I like this site too, folks here are generally friendly and will help, no matter how courteous or obnoxious that OP is.

You guys do a good job for the most part and that's why I post here. But my first few experiences here were rough (some of it my own missteps, I'll admit - but not all) and if I wasn't already comfortable posting on popular forums (I post on the New York Daily News website, which is pretty rough and tumble), I would have continued lurking. Still, of the 5 Mobile nations sites, I'd only post here and lurk on the other 4 in this order: AC, Crackberry, WebOS and when I'm completely bored, iMore.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel