WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Dave, looking for some inside scoop here. Do you guys plan to review the Asus T100? I'm itching to get one at launch and so far all I'm reading are hands on first looks...

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

Dave, looking for some inside scoop here. Do you guys plan to review the Asus T100? I'm itching to get one at launch and so far all I'm reading are hands on first looks...

I don't know that's a question for Daniel Rubino. I haven't seen ASUS providing us device's. We don't usually buy they are provided us for review so its really up to them. We generally review what ever we can get our hands on. That T100 sure looks like a nice device.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't know that's a question for Daniel Rubino. I haven't seen ASUS providing us device's. We don't usually buy they are provided us for review so its really up to them. We generally review what ever we can get our hands on. That T100 sure looks like a nice device.

Cool. I like it more than the Surface 2, at least for my needs anyways. I've got an old Asus EE PC netbook that will run XP if I really needed it, but I wanted a model with keyboard at a budget price. Would love to see the W3's successor too as I think there is room for a good 8" tablet to take on the Nexus 7.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Glad you dropped by Dave. Feel free to jump in on the cake related discussions here, as well as the other stuff. Would love to see Jay or Daniel pop their head in here. It's a wacky thread that make sense because it is random...😊...

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Why do stupid people gravitate to iOS? I'm about ready to pull the iPhone version of my app from the app store because of stupid people.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

oh snaps I just read the whole discussion that Dave and msftismia and all I have to say is wow that was some very intellectual conversation:cool:. stuff like that make me wonder if COMMON people can do that ...... why is it hard for certain people *couch* politics do that :eck:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Why do stupid people gravitate to iOS? I'm about ready to pull the iPhone version of my app from the app store because of stupid people.

its because not to point the finger but most of the IOS users think that they are above the rest; and because they feel that way, they think they don't have to think because Apple gives them everything

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Glad you dropped by Dave. Feel free to jump in on the cake related discussions here, as well as the other stuff. Would love to see Jay or Daniel pop their head in here. It's a wacky thread that make sense because it is random...��...

it would be very interesting if dave and or danny would stop by on this thread. I would be a little intimidated though because one knows a lot about wp8 and the other one is the admin so I would have to watch what I say :unhappysweat:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

If you keep wondering what happened, you will always wonder what happened when you were wondering about what is happening.
Wonderful, no?

ehhhhhhh I don't know the answer but I always think the "what if" and the outcomes and the outcomes that I didn't do .... sooooo yeah I will always wonder :grin:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

so I got a new bigger battery for my 810. the battery is a 2500mAh battery so its an upgrade from the 1800mAH so I'm getting 700mAh more ! I will see how much I have left at the end of the day tomorrow. I average around 70 percent every day so I'm guessing I will be at 80 percent at the end of day :cool:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I saw the movie "The Colony" (2013), the start was really good but as the story progressed it started going south, the ending was weird.

Sahib, you wanna check a cool video?
It'll relax you :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I saw the movie "The Colony" (2013), the start was really good but as the story progressed it started going south, the ending was weird.

Sahib, you wanna check a cool video?
It'll relax you :)
YES!! I would like to see it :) OOHHHH now I'm wondering what video it is :grincry:
awww well I guess I will watch it tomorrow morning because I am going to take off now ..... good night all :asleep:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

YES!! I would like to see it :) OOHHHH now I'm wondering what video it is :grincry:
awww well I guess I will watch it tomorrow morning because I am going to take off now ..... good night all :asleep:

Remind me to show you that video when you are up.
Its very nice one :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Dave and MSFT wrote too much, the WP app bugs and doesn't show the text to the end.

I personally think this is a measure problem. I don't know the situation, but if one of these lame warnings was sent out, a short personal message would maybe have done it too. Regardless of the rules, that is just respect a top poster deserves concerning such a minor thing.

But what do I know, all I do is thinking of the cake I'll get today.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I would say to that, "teach them how with a good example". Why are we here? I will tell you why I am here. A bunch of years ago I bought a PPC 6700 it was a great device I would call it legendary. I had some issues when using it plus I wanted to explore the possibilities. I wanted to know what the baby was capable of. I had some intelligent and not so intelligent questions to ask. I quickly found a website that had a bunch of information about my device but WOW what a bunch of reading I would have to do to answer the simplest of questions. I posted I asked my question and a nice helpful person linked me to the thread I needed to read to answer my question. I have been doing everything I can to return the favor sense that day.

This is how this community is we are the most helpful kind people on the internet. We will help people we will offer our opinions in a civil manner. We will not tell people to search first. If I am answering the question I am not going to be lazy and say search for this. I am going to do the searching I am going to post the answer or the place to look to get the answer. If anyone doesn't want to do that then just don't post.

Dave, i respect your opinion and approach, but many people aren't going to search anyways in age of instant gratification. People use the search function on Bing and Google just fine when they want stuff, they should be able to do so here as well...because quite frankly, I've seen and gotten some arrogant numbskull *** responses where it was better people had told me "search for it". Yes, some of us try to help and do it the right way, but people should do an intelligent search - i.e. ask the question and search the forums, not just only search the forums (which can be daunting) or just merely post the question and expect instant answers (especially for "common" or "well established" queries.

I think I can also offer an example that might be useful.

Back when I first started using Linux, Linux forums and Linux forum posters tended to be quite an arrogant bunch. If one asked a question, the response would usually be, "RTFM".

However, I had an experience on one Linux forum that was completely different. I had issues installing printer drivers and asked for help. One of the forum mods not only gave me the links to the printer vendor's website for the drivers but even provided the list of all commands needed to install the printer drivers.

I was impressed, since this was totally different from anything I expected on Linux forums. It actually helped change my opinion of not only Linux forums but Linux users, to the point that I belong to 2 local Linux User Groups and interact with Linux users IRL (and found out they don't hate Windows).

If Linux forums have gotten so much better (and friendlier), I'd hope any forums devoted to something related to Windows would be the same.

Windows Phone is kind of new to a lot of people, so they might not understand it as much as other platforms (and they might not be as savvy in using forums as people with a lot of experience in other device forums). The way new users are treated might affect their opinion not only of this site (but even of the platform, by virtue of how its afficionados act toward other people)--that certainly was something that affected my opinion of Linux and its users, based on my positive Linux forum experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz