WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So there's apparently some truth to the idea that HTC is looking into a dual OS phone. Not sure what I think about that.

Isn't the idea more: "Same phone, choice of OS"?

Dual OS phone would bring nothing at all as there is no synchronization between the two. It would be something incredibly geeky, nothing of real use.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

To derail this thread:

I have FINALLY come back after a hellish week where nothing went well for me (except maybe that prom ask ;)

Yes, THE WanderingTraveler is back!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm just not sure what's to be gained from it really. I guess it allows people to experiment with different OS?

Would give HTC a big boost though being the first phone of its kind - also gives you so much choice with app selection.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

To derail this thread:

I have FINALLY come back after a hellish week where nothing went well for me (except maybe that prom ask ;)

Yes, THE WanderingTraveler is back!

Welcome back - we missed you...

Seriously we did...

Check back through the thread...

Questions every day "where has wandering traveller gone?"

:winktongue:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Isn't the idea more: "Same phone, choice of OS"?

Dual OS phone would bring nothing at all as there is no synchronization between the two. It would be something incredibly geeky, nothing of real use.
Actually, dual boot would be sort of useful, assuming Android can access the Windows Phone side of the phone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. What HTC could do is simply add a little bit more support to their WP offerings. I think this smells like they're looking for a foothold in a new trend and make money like they did circa 2009-2010 when Sense was desireable because stock Android was horrid and bare from a UI perspective.

The OS update issues I see with this has my head spinning. Especially with how fast Google puts out Android. This still smells like a niche phone. I think they've got something ironically with the 8X and 8S. Do some updates there with the new chipsets. Personally, I'd go with the newer 8S as a dual core, 8GB + memory card slot, the new 8X with 32GB storage quad, and the high end model as a quad core with 64GB storage. There's other things I'd suggest, like an EQ for the audio.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I am hungry. Almost no cake today so far. I have another apple, but maybe I'll buy something in the canteen.

I shouldn't though, it costs money and makes me gain weight. That should be enough reasons to not do it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I am hungry. Almost no cake today so far. I have another apple, but maybe I'll buy something in the canteen.

I shouldn't though, it costs money and makes me gain weight. That should be enough reasons to not do it.

I'm going to be having cake soon. I'm buying but that's ok. At least it will quality.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Hmm kinda slow in here today

In other news - haven't been paid yet.

Sucks more than... well anything really.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Hmm kinda slow in here today

In other news - haven't been paid yet.

Sucks more than... well anything really.

I had jobs in which I was waiting months for payment. It didn't matter much to me, as it was only a side job, but the guys working full time for this company really had troubles with this.

I hope you'll get your payment soon!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I had jobs in which I was waiting months for payment. It didn't matter much to me, as it was only a side job, but the guys working full time for this company really had troubles with this.

I hope you'll get your payment soon!

Normally my company are pretty good and my money is in the bank before 9am every Friday - on very rare occasions they pay late - just a pain in the backside that they chose this Friday to do it. Had a load of things I needed to sort out payments for before 3pm today its now 320 and no money yet.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

And finally - would also remove point 61 - the feedback option pings details off to MS whenever your phone stalls or crashes or reboots - they wont know how to fix things if they don't have the error dump files to work from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99