WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think they are both great for different reasons - think one of the greatest things about the life of brian was the controversy it caused at the time.

Didn't they only recently remove the ban on it in one of the towns here?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Didn't they only recently remove the ban on it in one of the towns here?

Not sure - more than likely though - I remember seeing the interview they did with Cleese, Palin and a bishop I think. Almost as funny as watching one of the sketch shows.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Not sure - more than likely though - I remember seeing the interview they did with Cleese, Palin and a bishop I think. Almost as funny as watching one of the sketch shows.

I've only watched Monty Python: The Meaning of Life. Which i found quite funny. :)

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I've only watched Monty Python: The Meaning of Life. Which i found quite funny. :)

Yeah that's not bad - completely random film though - theres bits I find really funny and other bits I just sit there scratching my head - the middle of the film sketch playing find the fish - like WTF is that all about.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah that's not bad - completely random film though - theres bits I find really funny and other bits I just sit there scratching my head - the middle of the film sketch playing find the fish - like WTF is that all about.

I'm not a big fan of Meaning of Life. There's some good bits, like the first song and the Death sketch. The biggest complaint about it is it's more like and extended show than a movie.

I did a quick search. The last ban was lifted in 2009 however it's still banned to play the movie in some German town on Good Friday. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Recommend watching Holy Grail and Life of Brian. However, I'd watch Life of Brian with some friends who aren't too sensitive about religion.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Recommend watching Holy Grail and Life of Brian. However, I'd watch Life of Brian with some friends who aren't too sensitive about religion.

I'm not sensitive about religion, i am currently a Roman Catholic who hasn't gone to church in over 3 years!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sensitive about religion, i am currently a Roman Catholic who hasn't gone to church in over 3 years!

I'll stay polite and not say what I feel about the RCC. :p

Good that you have an open mind then. :)

Last edited:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Screw that - I would say watch life of brian with friends that are really sensitive about religion. Just for sh*ts and giggles.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Screw that - I would say watch life of brian with friends that are really sensitive about religion. Just for sh*ts and giggles.

Depends if you want to stay friends with them. :p Also they might want to start 'praying for your soul' :p

Then again, you could always ask yourself if you really want friends like that. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I'm bored so I'll post some pictures of my little trip to the Jurassic Coast. I only made it to one point unfortunately. The drive there is long and the drive home even longer. We plan to stay a night sometime in the future to see more.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I personally find Life of Brian better but I do like The Holy Grail. Have you seen Spamalot?

Yes, I have. A Swiss adaptation of the original Broadway show. The local humor was terrible. But a friend of mine was playing in the orchestra, that's actually the reason why I went to see it.

Today I bought ice cream after lunch. Today was a good day.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I have. A Swiss adaptation of the original Broadway show. The local humor was terrible. But a friend of mine was playing in the orchestra, that's actually the reason why I went to see it.

Today I bought ice cream after lunch. Today was a good day.

I wonder if you would find the English version any better.

I had ice cream yesterday, after all the climbing around I did. Was a good day. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if you would find the English version any better.

I had ice cream yesterday, after all the climbing around I did. Was a good day. :)

I'm not sure if it was in German or English, or if the dialog was German and the music was English. I don't remember. Also it wasn't too bad, there were funny parts in it. However they wrote in some very left wing based political humor, which I really didn't like. Not because it was left winged, but because it was incredibly calculated.

Ice cream is the greatest creation on this planet. I think it's the only argument that could convince me that the idea of Intelligent Design has some substance to it. ;-)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm on lunch, decided to go to a shop and got bamboozled by a new size and shape coke can. Instant sale.

*hangs head in sugary shame*

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure if it was in German or English, or if the dialog was German and the music was English. I don't remember. Also it wasn't too bad, there were funny parts in it. However they wrote in some very left wing based political humor, which I really didn't like. Not because it was left winged, but because it was incredibly calculated.

Ice cream is the greatest creation on this planet. I think it's the only argument that could convince me that the idea of Intelligent Design has some substance to it. ;-)

For intelligent design see Ben & Jerry's - managed to demolish a tub of there "core" range a little while ago - its called Blondie Brownie

Half chocolate ice cream with chocolate brownie pieces and Half vanilla ice cream with blondie (white chocolate brownie) pieces with a core of soft dark caramel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre