WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just had a read. Nice!

Yeah my sister knows i tend to nerd rage a bit when people try taking advantage over tech. I was driving at the time so didn't even notice i had been put on speakerphone. Bit dodgy from PC world though didn't think they would do something like that.

Sent from my shiny new Nokia 1020

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah my sister knows i tend to nerd rage a bit when people try taking advantage over tech. I was driving at the time so didn't even notice i had been put on speakerphone. Bit dodgy from PC world though didn't think they would do something like that.

I unfortunately find PC World the worst offender. Whenever they sell something they try to sell their offerings of Norton Antivirus (piece of crap), the PC World personal cloud (which is totally pointless if you need to work with people, you need to 'upgrade' to do that) and their technical KnowHow services and warranty. All cost money.

So I tend to be rather blunt with them whenever I go into a store. I don't think they like that much. :p

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I unfortunately find PC World the worst offender. Whenever they sell something they try to sell their offerings of Norton Antivirus (piece of crap), the PC World personal cloud (which is totally pointless if you need to work with people, you need to 'upgrade' to do that) and their technical KnowHow services and warranty. All cost money.

So I tend to be rather blunt with them whenever I go into a store. I don't think they like that much. :p

I try not to use them if i can help it. I either go online or if i really need something in a jam i go to a large maplin. The guys working there have an immense knowledge.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Watching the final episode of Dexter, really hoping it lives up to my expectations.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

So how's the new 1020 doing it for you? Liking the Nokia hardware? Sort out the camera yet? Where's the pics? :p

Honestly, there are things I miss from my 8x. Screen timeout set to never is one and the feel is the other. The 1020 always feels like its about to slip out of my hand.

Other than that I cant fault it - the camera is truly amazing, the nokia apps are pretty damn good and the camera grip is a genius accessory. I have got used to taking decent pictures with it now but the ones I have taken so far have all been of family and friends which im not going to post on here.

I am going to see Bruno Mars tomorrow night though so will really put the camera and video through its paces and post some of the results.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, there are things I miss from my 8x. Screen timeout set to never is one and the feel is the other. The 1020 always feels like its about to slip out of my hand.

Other than that I cant fault it - the camera is truly amazing, the nokia apps are pretty damn good and the camera grip is a genius accessory. I have got used to taking decent pictures with it now but the ones I have taken so far have all been of family and friends which im not going to post on here.

I am going to see Bruno Mars tomorrow night though so will really put the camera and video through its paces and post some of the results.

That's why I plan to keep my 8X as my daily driver and to get a white 1020 as my weekend joint. I'm somewhat jealous of you but I will get mine as soon as I get the Asus T100. Enjoy that Bruno Mars concert...heard he is very decent live...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just checking folks...hanging by the gf tonight and trying to get some rest before a very unpredictable day at work tomorrow (have to work alongside a doctor to give a difficult test result). Sipping some Corona light and Heinekens too. Too much drama is happening at work, I swear...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Just checking folks...hanging by the gf tonight and trying to get some rest before a very unpredictable day at work tomorrow (have to work alongside a doctor to give a difficult test result). Sipping some Corona light and Heinekens too. Too much drama is happening at work, I swear...

hmm and here I thought you can avoid drama at work :confused: I guess not ..... YIKES

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

day 3 of my letter...... wow I just noticed its over 5 paragraphs long or in other words 2 pages long :eek:rly:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Buying a 1:18 car for my best friend as a new year gift (Falls in November for us) :), he will be getting married shortly.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs