WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well over an hour without a post in here - im thinking that our removal from the latest discussions list isn't helping the cause

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well over an hour without a post in here - im thinking that our removal from the latest discussions list isn't helping the cause

I'm still in the lab. Now my plasmid is being dephosphorylated. During the incubation period I'll start an overnight culture of the strain carrying the gene that could have the right insert. I'm just waiting for the antibiotic to thaw right now.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm still in the lab. Now my plasmid is being dephosphorylated. During the incubation period I'll start an overnight culture of the strain carrying the gene that could have the right insert. I'm just waiting for the antibiotic to thaw right now.

Yeah... You lost me at plasmid.

Mean while in my world - im basically trying to make a square peg fit into a round hole.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I would try to explain what I'm doing but I'd lose everyone as well. Though I must admit that Chregu is using language that makes electric speak sound normal. :p

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I would try to explain what I'm doing but I'd lose everyone as well. Though I must admit that Chregu is using language that makes electric speak sound normal. :p

Well yes obviously, your an engineer, you probably confuse yourself. To be fair to Chregu I sort of understand what he is attempting but sarcasm was easier than understanding.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I thought we were always quite friendly to newbies that dare to tread in here. Sometimes were even helpful.

Same here but oh well I guess we'll deal with it. I've been busy today. I've got two underground trenching layouts to sort out. Both on the same plot plan. One with a single layer of cables, the other with dual layer. We're having an argument with the regulatory that signs off the plant.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well yes obviously, your an engineer, you probably confuse yourself. To be fair to Chregu I sort of understand what he is attempting but sarcasm was easier than understanding.

Design engineer actually. I don't really classify myself as an engineer. I do have knowledge that sometimes is classified as engineering as I have done a lot of high level stuff but I just see myself as a designer.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It is always very difficult to explain to people what I am doing. I don't mean the basic biology work, but my project. But after all everything biology related is basically LEGO with some movement.

I'd make bacon out of the pig, and eat it instead of putting it into the hole.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Design engineer actually. I don't really classify myself as an engineer. I do have knowledge that sometimes is classified as engineering as I have done a lot of high level stuff but I just see myself as a designer.

Yeah you ain't no engineer :p lol

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah you ain't no engineer :p lol

I'm originally from Canada and I lived in Australia prior to moving to the UK. In both those countries the term engineer is taken quite seriously. Here in the UK it gets bandied about rather readily. So I like to make sure that people don't assume that I am an engineer that has any legal designation as I haven't done any legal tests or have qualifications that are legally bound by law.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

It is always very difficult to explain to people what I am doing. I don't mean the basic biology work, but my project. But after all everything biology related is basically LEGO with some movement.

I'd make bacon out of the pig, and eat it instead of putting it into the hole.

I thought chemistry was more like LEGO if im honest. Could never get my head around biology but if it involved some form of chemistry I was ok.

Bacon in the hole - that's dinner sorted then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs