WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

ooops Did I O_O

ok.. So whats your opinion on my topic APPLE IS RELIGION, WINDOWS IS A CULTURE

Not sure where the culture is in Windows... as for Apple they've always had hardcore fans, the group has just gotten bigger that's all. Thing is, people are fickle. Apple was great, now boring. Then Android is great, now boring. Then Windows might be the next big thing, then get boring. This is the reality. Until the 'real' next big thing comes along, most people will go about their lives with whatever device suits them. Most don't think too hard about it. They get advice from friends or just get what their friends have. Or just pick one of the two top OS. This is the situation we're in.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I chose WP because I use Windows. Simple. It's been slightly disappointing but it's slowly getting better. I hope to have a better opinion after GDR3. I also hope to have a more positive outlook after WP8.1. That's where I am currently.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Not sure where the culture is in Windows... as for Apple they've always had hardcore fans, the group has just gotten bigger that's all. Thing is, people are fickle. Apple was be great, now boring. Then Android is great, now boring. Then Windows might be the next big thing, then get boriing. This is the reality. Until the 'real' next big thing comes along, most people will go about their lives with whatever device suits them. Most don't think too hard about it. They get advise from friends or just get what their friends have. Or just pick one of the two top OS. This is the situation we're in.

oh it was luck that I didnt create a thread on the topic. else I would have hit by Fans...

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

I chose WP because I use Windows. Simple. It's been slightly disappointing but it's slowly getting better. I hope to have a better opinion after GDR3. I also hope to have a more positive outlook after WP8.1. That's where I am currently.

I m also expecting improvements that to occur and REACH ME fast.

will bring in some OLD concept which I believed was available in WP before I jumped in...
live_chat_r3_by_conner_monsees-d46879r.jpg

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'll keep my 8X another year (if it doesn't break) and then reevaluate the entire situation.

Maybe I'll try one of these shiny Android phones if Microsoft doesn't step up its game until then.

Concerning religion: I don't believe in god, but I think religion is an essential part of our history, it is culture. Therefore it is important to respect it and get to know it. However it's also our present, as religion is and was always a tool to justify negative decisions and wars.

When it comes to people, I think everybody should do and believe what's right for him. But nobody should ever try to force his or her views onto me, that wouldn't work out well.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Gretchen in German is a hilarious name, as a minimization is already built in. It's the pet form of Margaret. Maybe little girls would be called Gretchen, but they would never have this as an official name.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

ooops Did I O_O

ok.. So whats your opinion on my topic APPLE IS RELIGION, WINDOWS IS A CULTURE

Hmm apple as a religion - I suppose you could stretch it that far - a lot of the followers are close to zealots and they are all praying to a dead guy that they think saved them. Wouldn't say windows is a culture - more the red headed stepchild.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

When it comes to people, I think everybody should do and believe what's right for him. But nobody should ever try to force his or her views onto me, that wouldn't work out well.

But I surely want to push my views about WP8 on microsoft. they must start believing in Windows as we Do.. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll keep my 8X another year (if it doesn't break) and then reevaluate the entire situation.

Maybe I'll try one of these shiny Android phones if Microsoft doesn't step up its game until then.

Concerning religion: I don't believe in god, but I think religion is an essential part of our history, it is culture. Therefore it is important to respect it and get to know it. However it's also our present, as religion is and was always a tool to justify negative decisions and wars.

I'm the same with regards to phones. It does look like GDR3 will bring out features that I've personally been waiting for.

As for religion, from a historical point of view I agree with you. If people ask my opinion I tell them. I don't force people to accept my thoughts, that would be like religion. :p

I just have a tendency to think that religion is from our 'infancy' as a species and it's time that we move into adulthood. It's just taking a long time....

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Hmm apple as a religion - I suppose you could stretch it that far - a lot of the followers are close to zealots and they are all praying to a dead guy that they think saved them. Wouldn't say windows is a culture - more the red headed stepchild.

You got me... I wanted to show my hate for Mere Followers :D

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Mikkeler Geek Brunch

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Attachments

• WP_20131002_002.jpg
    WP_20131002_002.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 8

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

We are all followers in one way or another. We are also more keen to follow and be lead than any of us prefer to admit.

That's the way society today is - even the leaders are followers. No one has any clear direction anymore.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

That's the way society today is - even the leaders are followers. No one has any clear direction anymore.

Wow even managed to depress myself with that one.

On a lighter note - I just won a twitter competition for 400 MS points from GAME.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss