WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

ok well I am going to take off now ....good night laura ... snowflake, 2 windows , LMZR, and KFV :asleep:

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I feel like yesterday when LaRUE didn't invite me :(

LOL No offense but we won't be going to India for a year or so and when we do we'll probably be staying in expensive hotels. When do you finish your doctoral?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

LOL No offense but we won't be going to India for a year or so and when we do we'll probably be staying in expensive hotels. When do you finish your doctoral?

That's okay. ;-)

I'll probably have 4 years for this. If I can make it to India during this time, it will be for some conference. But when you get there, you should post pictures taken with your fancy new Lumia 1040, which will probably have 200 megapixel and look like this:

thegiantcamera.jpg

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I wrote a note: "Don't do that and that, or it will tear out the cable" now my colleague told me I have to write "tear out the plug".

So, question to you native English speakers, do I have to write plug or can I write cable?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I wrote a note: "Don't do that and that, or it will tear out the cable" now my colleague told me I have to write "tear out the plug".

So, question to you native English speakers, do I have to write plug or can I write cable?

Depends on context.

What were you doing?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Weather in India is good between January and march. I would not recommend June to September.... The monsoon would just be too much of a shocker. Its pretty in the monsoon, but for health reasons its best to avoid the monsoon.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Depends on context.

What were you doing?

During the night a shaker was positioned in a way that it always touched a cable with every movement. This cable powers the fridges and freezers. When I came to the lab today, these devices didn't have power anymore, and after some carried out research, I found out that the cable that it wasn't connected to the socket anymore.

Therefore I wrote a note that this shaker shouldn't be placed to far to the back, using the words "tear out the cable".

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Weather in India is good between January and march. I would not recommend June to September.... The monsoon would just be too much of a shocker. Its pretty in the monsoon, but for health reasons its best to avoid the monsoon.

Trust me when we go it won't be during the monsoon season. I'm used to weird weather but I'm not crazy enough to go to India during the monsoon.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

During the night a shaker was positioned in a way that it always touched a cable with every movement. This cable powers the fridges and freezers. When I came to the lab today, these devices didn't have power anymore, and after some carried out research, I found out that the cable that it wasn't connected to the socket anymore.

Therefore I wrote a note that this shaker shouldn't be placed to far to the back, using the words "tear out the cable".

In this instance your friend is semi correct. A more approriate sign would read 'Do not place shaker too far back as it will pull the plug'.

The plug is what is inserted into the wall. The cable is what attaches the plug to the deivce. If it tore out the cable that would mean forciably removing it from the appliance or plug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre