WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

In this instance your friend is semi correct. A more approriate sign would read 'Do not place shaker too far back as it will pull the plug'.

The plug is what is inserted into the wall. The cable is what attaches the plug to the deivce. If it tore out the cable that would mean forciably removing it from the appliance or plug.

Well, she is postdoc and pretty great, so I can accept to be wrong :)

Thanks!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

no.... I dont.
It doesnt boot in safe mode, or in safe mode with networking or in safe mode with command prompt. It just goes back to the same screen

I said BIOS, not safe mode. The BIOS is a completely different thing entirely.

When you turn on your computer hit F2 when you see the Asus logo and then F2 again to enter BIOS.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

yes, it can boot from a removable device

Since you don't have access to another computer, trying to boot from USB won't work. So there's a way to access your recovery partition. I hope you have one....

I don't want you to do a complete recovery as you'll lose everything. I need you to access the boot menu. So exit the BIOS and do a restart. During restart just press down on any key and the boot menu should appear, tell me what it says.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Since you don't have access to another computer, trying to boot from USB won't work. So there's a way to access your recovery partition. I hope you have one....

I don't want you to do a complete recovery as you'll lose everything. I need you to access the boot menu. So exit the BIOS and do a restart. During restart just press down on any key and the boot menu should appear, tell me what it says.

my hard drive is partitioned, if that's what you mean. The boot menu showed the same screen as before.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

you sir, are a life saver. Thank you so much. Im a microbiologist and only use the computer for what i need. Troubleshooting is beyond me.

OK. Since I can't see what you have in front of you I need you to tell me what it says. I don't want you to do a full recovery otherwise you'll lose everything. So what you need to do is this:

Go into the BIOS again - F2 then F2
Disable Boot Booster - Under the Boot menu
Exit the BIOS F10
During restart hit F9

Then tell me what you have at this point as the manual is vague.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)