WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ok. Thank you. :) I'll post when something happens.
Thank you. If I could, I would send you cake and coffee for a month :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

you sir, are a life saver. Thank you so much. Im a microbiologist and only use the computer for what i need. Troubleshooting is beyond me.

Now is probably the wrong time to ask what field you are working in...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ok. Thank you. :) I'll post when something happens.
Thank you. If I could, I would send you cake and coffee for a month :)

Bit strange it's taking long... The manual gave the impression that there should be a a few prompts and check boxes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If the only option is to do a complete recovery, exit that and find a friend with an Xp install or a Win7 install and create a USB startup disk.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Same field as you... microbiologist. LOL!

It's not like every lab working on microbiology is doing the same thing... virology, bacteriology, parasitology, and so on... and if it is for example bacteriology, is it in infection biology, growth and development, plant biology and so on...

So I think the question is legit ;-)

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

"you will lose all your data during system recovery. Ensure to backup your important data before recovery of your system" I have to options - ok and exit

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

"you will lose all your data during system recovery. Ensure to backup your important data before recovery of your system" I have to options - ok and exit

OK so there's only the recovery option. That's not what you want unless you've done a backup. I wasn't sure if there were different options. With a WinXP disk startup there's utilities available.

OK, you'll need to get a hold of a friend unless you want to wipe your computer clean. What's annoying is that I have about 40 computers in my view...

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

OK so there's only the recovery option. That's not what you want unless you've done a backup. I wasn't sure if there were different options. With a WinXP disk startup there's utilities available.

OK, you'll need to get a hold of a friend unless you want to wipe your computer clean. What's annoying is that I have about 40 computers in my view...

I will now find a freind who has win XP.

Thank you so much anyway. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

drug resistant tuberculosis

Very interesting. David Russell gave a talk recently about this at our university. Well, to be honest it was a rather strange seminar: "We have found out this and this, but we can't publish it because nobody believes it."

Do you have to work in a safety level 3 lab?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Very interesting. David Russell gave a talk recently about this at our university. Well, to be honest it was a rather strange seminar: "We have found out this and this, but we can't publish it because nobody believes it."

Do you have to work in a safety level 3 lab?
safety level 3 is correct. Its very hard yo work with tb. Generation times are anywhere from 18-30 hours. And if an experiment doesn't work, its a week down the drain.

Its difficult to change perceptions that people have about tb, so publishing is difficult. If there are results that people do not expect, they just reject it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077