WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Not much good for me. My half dead laptop was handed over to a friend of a friend, who owns a company which takes maintenance contracts for computers. He has informed me that my Windows XP has become corrupt. Data recovery is taking a while, as the computer hangs every now and again.

So, it looks like I have to look out for a new computer a little earlier than I thought. I was going to get one in January, but I need one now, ASAP.
I'm sorry to hear that. It would've been nice to be able to get a new PC when the holiday sales are in progress.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not much good for me. My half dead laptop was handed over to a friend of a friend, who owns a company which takes maintenance contracts for computers. He has informed me that my Windows XP has become corrupt. Data recovery is taking a while, as the computer hangs every now and again.

So, it looks like I have to look out for a new computer a little earlier than I thought. I was going to get one in January, but I need one now, ASAP.

That sucks. Sounds like your hard drive went. Not uncommon. Honestly, your issue sounded simply like a boot sector error. I've had it happen to me a couple of times in the past with Xp. Hopefully they checked that first before doing anything else.

What kind of laptop are you after?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Good morning. Though not sure what's good about it yet. :p

My leg hurt in the morning, I didn't sleep well in general, my clones didn't grow over the weekend, today I have an important meeting (not important for me, but there will be many important people) and I don't really know what to expect of it, so you're right.

But then again, isn't it just great to be alive? To have this very short period of conscience in an eternity of nothingness? The ability to realize that this is special?

Let's make today the day of the little things!

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

That sucks. Sounds like your hard drive went. Not uncommon. Honestly, your issue sounded simply like a boot sector error. I've had it happen to me a couple of times in the past with Xp. Hopefully they checked that first before doing anything else.

What kind of laptop are you after?

Im looking for a 10"-11" laptop, preferably convertible. I would love the surface pro, but it has shown no signs of release in India, and its way out of my budget.
The Asus transformer book t100 looks good too, but again, it hasn't shown up in the Indian market.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

My leg hurt in the morning, I didn't sleep well in general, my clones didn't grow over the weekend, today I have an important meeting (not important for me, but there will be many important people) and I don't really know what to expect of it, so you're right.

But then again, isn't it just great to be alive? To have this very short period of conscience in an eternity of nothingness? The ability to realize that this is special?

I like your optimism :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Im looking for a 10"-11" laptop, preferably convertible. I would love the surface pro, but it has shown no signs of release in India, and its way out of my budget.
The Asus transformer book t100 looks good too, but again, it hasn't shown up in the Indian market.
Is the Lenovo Yoga 13 too big for you? I have a feeling that its price will drop when the Yoga 2 is released.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

That's cool. Is this the guy you're getting the really nice model car?

Yep, I showed him the picture of that model and all he said was 'wow, how much does it cost?'
I said 'Its your new year gift when I come to visit you in november'
He's 27, am 24, we met while doing masters and seems we both are like xerox copies lol, its fun!
And the worst or you could say best part is, his to be wife is a xerox of him :p

I don't have many friends, 2 in the real world (both of them have been booked now) and a gazillion on the internet including BIGPADDY, martinmc78, Laura Knoktek, nocial (The guy who is never social), hs k, av3st3r (something like that :/), and many others whose names I cannot remember.
I also have a trazillion enemies like Chregu, N_LaRue (Pulling the liquid up my nose after I say it), sahib lopez and some other haunted souls whom I have to deal with in a friendly way every day. LOL, kidding on the enemy part hah!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

We have Columbus Day holiday here, but it doesn't really mean much other than sales in department stores and banks/schools/post office closed. Some cities might have parades, but not too many actually celebrate Columbus Day.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Have you been reading Carl Sagan or Richard Dawkins lately? :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Really??? Wow... Not much time for reading in the science field I take it?

I'd think Richard Dawkins would be more familiar to biologists than Carl Sagan, since Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist. I never read anything by Dawkins when I was in school, but I did read stuff by Stephen Jay Gould.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'd think Richard Dawkins would be more familiar to biologists than Carl Sagan, since Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist. I never read anything by Dawkins when I was in school, but I did read stuff by Stephen Jay Gould.

I haven't read any Gould yet. I've read two books by Dawkins but I own three, it's in Australia, The Blind Watch Maker. I haven't read any Carl Sagan but I have listened to an audio book, Pale Blue Dot. I want to get Daemon Haunted World though.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I haven't read any Gould yet. I've read two books by Dawkins but I own three, it's in Australia, The Blind Watch Maker. I haven't read any Carl Sagan but I have listened to an audio book, Pale Blue Dot. I want to get Daemon Haunted World though.
I just looked up Dawkins on Wikipedia. Apparently Dawkins disagrees with Gould's theory of punctuated equilibrium in The Blind Watchmaker.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo