WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ok to clear up confusions as i have not stated it before im a guy. Secondly let me put an avatar up tonight if you still don't like it you can make one and if i like it i may use it.

Actually I believe you did state you were a guy a while back.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

4th wall thing?!? What's that? Not too up on the deadpool comics.

The 4th wall is the imaginary line between the people in the comics and the reader. Basically Deadpool knows he is in a comic - so will reference other comics he has been in along with adding in references to current events and people in the real world along with dialogue with the writers and the readers. Some of the stuff he comes out with is pretty amusing. Hes also the only character that does this. Its reflected in the game as well shouting abuse at you because your getting him killed or because your doing something wrong.

Translating that to a big screen film could be awkward.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We have Columbus Day holiday here, but it doesn't really mean much other than sales in department stores and banks/schools/post office closed. Some cities might have parades, but not too many actually celebrate Columbus Day.

Most of the parades are celebrating his Italian roots, which I'm fine with. He really didn't deserve a holiday though, seriously.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Most of the parades are celebrating his Italian roots, which I'm fine with. He really didn't deserve a holiday though, seriously.

The whole Columbus thing is completely silly to say the least. The true history about the whole thing has been skewered and manipulated by politics.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The whole Columbus thing is completely silly to say the least. The true history about the whole thing has been skewered and manipulated by politics.

That has been happening ever since some human invented history and politics and saw they can manipulate a large group of other humans by distorting their culture through messing with their history for political gain...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That has been happening ever since some human invented history and politics and saw they can manipulate a large group of other humans by distorting their culture through messing with their history for political gain...

Too true. :/

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Running late for work, which when your commute is like mine, can be uber chaotic from a timing perspective.

Looking forward to the Asus T100 launch. Still trolling for reviews online but with minimal success...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

So this means I'll again be one of the last phones to get the update sometime next year...

I've read articles that have stated a few more features. I hope they didn't get deleted for this update.

Im actually quite apprehensive about getting the update on the 1020 - my 8x was unbranded and unlocked so was always first out the gate with system updates - now im back on a branded, carrier locked phone im wondering when I will get it.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Running late for work, which when your commute is like mine, can be uber chaotic from a timing perspective.

Looking forward to the Asus T100 launch. Still trolling for reviews online but with minimal success...

Have fun. Im actually quite looking forward to the 8.1 release on Friday.

Theres only 1 thing that puts me off about that t100 and that's the width of the bezel. it looks huge in the pictures.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Im actually quite apprehensive about getting the update on the 1020 - my 8x was unbranded and unlocked so was always first out the gate with system updates - now im back on a branded, carrier locked phone im wondering when I will get it.

After my experience with my 810, i agree with your apprehension. That's why even though I can get a used 1020 at a nice price, I'm holding out for the cash to get the unlocked model. As long as I'm getting workable data speeds, which t-mo has been giving here in the NYC metro area, staying unlocked is better for me. I would get a carrier locked 925 or Xperia Z1 at the right price though...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Have fun. Im actually quite looking forward to the 8.1 release on Friday.

Theres only 1 thing that puts me off about that t100 and that's the width of the bezel. it looks huge in the pictures.

I own a Touchpad. Bezel size isn't an issue for me. People knock Asus' build quality and I tell you, outside of the fact that I'm now tied to the charger because the battery doesn't hold a charge well, my EE PC with XP still runs good.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

After my experience with my 810, i agree with your apprehension. That's why even though I can get a used 1020 at a nice price, I'm holding out for the cash to get the unlocked model. As long as I'm getting workable data speeds, which t-mo has been giving here in the NYC metro area, staying unlocked is better for me. I would get a carrier locked 925 or Xperia Z1 at the right price though...

There is a rumour via Tom Warren that MS are now bypassing the carriers to get the updates out quicker. Maybe there is hope for us all.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I own a Touchpad. Bezel size isn't an issue for me. People knock Asus' build quality and I tell you, outside of the fact that I'm now tied to the charger because the battery doesn't hold a charge well, my EE PC with XP still runs good.

Ive always found Asus to be pretty good build quality wise - I always use their motherboards and have never had any issues on any PC builds I have done.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

O2 was one of the first in the UK. So I think you'll be ok.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Batteries are horrible with all laptops. As for Xp, I would personally update. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077