WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Don't get me wrong - its good MS are finally releasing things early for developers - just seems like a double edged sword with developer licences being quite cheap 8.1 and GDR3 are available to the masses before they should be - people could feel let down by whats on offer in the upgrades while forgetting that they only have access to the bits a developer would need.

All in all it just leads to another slew of complaint threads in the forums.

Oh I agree. I think they should have been a bit more clear what the 'preview' had prior to releasing it. However, you still can't stop stupid people from being stupid. People will complain just because they can.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Not sure if that's being released for non HD phones.

Rubino wrote in a comment to one of his articles it's not yet implemented. I think the rumor was it would be released for all phones with a resolution higher than 720p, but it could have been just that, a rumor.

Without it I really, really don't care about this update.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

All the complaints and eagerness to update does point to one thing though. It does show how desperate people are for more features and a better WP experience.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Don't get me wrong - its good MS are finally releasing things early for developers - just seems like a double edged sword with developer licences being quite cheap 8.1 and GDR3 are available to the masses before they should be - people could feel let down by whats on offer in the upgrades while forgetting that they only have access to the bits a developer would need.

All in all it just leads to another slew of complaint threads in the forums.

I thought there was nothing of interest to developers in GDR3? What other features do you expect for the final update? Everything rumored is in it, except the tile thingy.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rubino wrote in a comment to one of his articles it's not yet implemented. I think the rumor was it would be released for all phones with a resolution higher than 720p, but it could have been just that, a rumor.

Without it I really, really don't care about this update.

I'm not really sure what I think about an extra small tile. The small tile is small enough. I don't really need an extra column.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I thought there was nothing of interest to developers in GDR3? What other features do you expect for the final update? Everything rumored is in it, except the tile thingy.

No, there's still things not there. It's a preview. It's about apps being able to run on the new code. I'm not certain of this but I think they may have opened the APIs a touch. Also it allows developers to make apps for the new HD screens. etc.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Im assuming they would have to add in code for the multitasking X to close along with code for orientation lock - and im sure some bright spark will come up with an app that implements tools from drive mode.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Well the only thing I like in GDR3 is the ability to close an app on the multitask screen!!! It great saves me pressing back a thousand times!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

No, there's still things not there. It's a preview. It's about apps being able to run on the new code. I'm not certain of this but I think they may have opened the APIs a touch. Also it allows developers to make apps for the new HD screens. etc.

They were talking in another thread about a new app which should have been released with GDR3 with new APIs, and that there won't be a developer kit released as there are no new APIs and therefore it doesn't look good for this app.

I don't know about the truth of this of course.

I'd like to have smaller tiles, as I'd like to have more big tiles, but don't want to waste the space they need. Medium tiles with more information would be okay too, but I don't think this is going to happen.

What else should come with GDR3 then? I don't expect any big surprises. Remember this post when the final version will be released, then we'll see ;-)

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't get all the commotion over the multitasking closure thing. I very rarely have more than one app open at a time anyway - the only exceptions being when im browsing or playing a game and a text comes in - I will answer the text from the notification but then hit back when im done to go back to what I was doing. I don't see how people manage to have multiple apps open on a repeated basis unless they are just too lazy to hit the back button when they are done with it.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't get all the commotion over the multitasking closure thing. I very rarely have more than one app open at a time anyway - the only exceptions being when im browsing or playing a game and a text comes in - I will answer the text from the notification but then hit back when im done to go back to what I was doing. I don't see how people manage to have multiple apps open on a repeated basis unless they are just too lazy to hit the back button when they are done with it.

I have the maximum amount all the time and can go past it if there wasn't a limit and use all the apps at the same time just go back and forth.

I would also like to have more then 15 background task at least 50 to 100.

It saves me hitting back a thousand times...

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

That's me im often too lazy to hit the back button all the time :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They were talking in another thread about a new app which should have been released with GDR3 with new APIs, and that there won't be a developer kit released as there are no new APIs and therefore it doesn't look good for this app.

I don't know about the truth of this of course.

I'd like to have smaller tiles, as I'd like to have more big tiles, but don't want to waste the space they need. Medium tiles with more information would be okay too, but I don't think this is going to happen.

What else should come with GDR3 then? I don't expect any big surprises. Remember this post when the final version will be released, then we'll see ;-)

The GDRs are not about big surprises. They're about incremental changes and fixes. The main one I want is the document email attachment. Anything else is a bonus after that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)