WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't get all the commotion over the multitasking closure thing. I very rarely have more than one app open at a time anyway - the only exceptions being when im browsing or playing a game and a text comes in - I will answer the text from the notification but then hit back when im done to go back to what I was doing. I don't see how people manage to have multiple apps open on a repeated basis unless they are just too lazy to hit the back button when they are done with it.

There are times when just hitting an 'x' would be nicer than having to back out of an app all the time, even if it's just one app. When you have a couple open it can get tedious if you're not into 'tombstoning' the app. So I can see why people would want it.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

The GDRs are not about big surprises. They're about incremental changes and fixes. The main one I want is the document email attachment. Anything else is a bonus after that.

There are 2 i would want to see. This one and the custom tones which i have previously mentioned. I think if these two are there windows phone could attract more customers to their devices.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

There are 2 i would want to see. This one and the custom tones which i have previously mentioned. I think if these two are there windows phone could attract more customers to their devices.

I want a Lumia 1020 White, BP wants 2 medals.
Where are they naw!

Lmao

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well there are more issues than that but yes I agree those and volume profiles would be the next bit. I can think of many things that need to be fixed or added to make WP more viable but as many people will say, MS will get to it in it's own time.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I never said I would give anything just asked if you wanted a medal :p

If you ask, it simply means you are giving it :D.

Can you imagine Stephen Elop asking in a mobile word conference "Who wants a free Lumia 1520"
And someone raises their hand and he responds "I never said am giving it"

Besides Japanese tech is advanced so you should have no problem :p

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Well there are more issues than that but yes I agree those and volume profiles would be the next bit. I can think of many things that need to be fixed or added to make WP more viable but as many people will say, MS will get to it in it's own time.

That is very true there are certainly alot more that can be done to software. But an intermediary step is definitely what's coming out in GDR3 and that will spark more interest from the masses. Hopefully other fixes will come in blue

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

If you ask, it simply means you are giving it :D.

Can you imagine Stephen Elop asking in a mobile word conference "Who wants a free Lumia 1520"
And someone raises their hand and he responds "I never said am giving it"

Besides Japanese tech is advanced so you should have no problem :p

You just proved my point with the elop comment he never did say he would give a free one he just asked who wanted a free one. Now if he said i have a 1520 here to give away who wants it? That would be different :p

Also you may have misunderstood something my username may be Japanese but im not Japanese :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That is very true there are certainly alot more that can be done to software. But an intermediary step is definitely what's coming out in GDR3 and that will spark more interest from the masses. Hopefully other fixes will come in blue

At least Nokia came out with that software to fix the spinning gears issue. I feel a lot better now if I ever have to hard reset my phone. That's a good starting point. Nothing worse than having to hand in your phone and lose it for a few days. Now if they can just fix the excessive heat issue and the battery drain issues I'll be happy.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

You just proved my point with the elop comment he never did say he would give a free one he just asked who wanted a free one. Now if he said i have a 1520 here to give away who wants it? That would be different :p

Also you may have misunderstood something my username may be Japanese but im not Japanese :)

I don't know about Japanese or Chinese, all I know is that BP is getting 2 medals and I am getting a brand new shiny Lumia 720.
You get a free leaf in return :)
Lmao

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

At least Nokia came out with that software to fix the spinning gears issue. I feel a lot better now if I ever have to hard reset my phone. That's a good starting point. Nothing worse than having to hand in your phone and lose it for a few days. Now if they can just fix the excessive heat issue and the battery drain issues I'll be happy.

+920

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Apparently GDR3 improves battery life significantly.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like I have a shot to get to work on time today. I've got a paper due on Thursday that I've been too distracted recently to write. Sigh.

In other news, one of my good friends bought my grey 8X, so I went out and got a boring black international model. Wish I could change the speaker grille to yellow but I'll just settle with a yellow sim card tray instead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers