WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The weather in NYC has been wonderfully warm for fall. It does feel so Indian summery and I'm enjoying it during my commute.

Still trying to find reviews for the Asus T100. Would love to preorder it and get it in the store but no such luck yet.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

In other news, one of my good friends bought my grey 8X, so I went out and got a boring black international model. Wish I could change the speaker grille to yellow but I'll just settle with a yellow sim card tray instead.

Why, why and why?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One pet peeve of mine when it comes to phones: seeing people with cracked screens. It's their phone, but many of the cracked screens I see are the ones of the no screen protector variety. You know those ones where it just may cut your fingers to use the screen? I have a badly cracked screen G. Nexus on my drawer and once I put a screen protectors over it, it was safer to use. You'd think it would be easier to invest a few dollars in at least a screen protector since you're not fixing the screen for a while, but no...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

because he wants a 8X, so I sold it to him. Because I liked the 8X, so I bought another one (no carriers for faster updates). Because I liked the two tone look and black on yellow is eye catching.

Why didn't he buy a new one, you kept the epic grey one, and you wouldn't even have to think about the yellow one? :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I really don't get your avatar.

Personally, I like the golden iPhone. It's an appealing color and it is a good piece of hardware. I'd probably still rather switch to Android.

My avatar

i1EVuTgntL3z2.jpg

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I think it's the pant part. I didn't understand it either.

Ask BIGPADDY or martinmc78, what 'pants' means.
I was introduced to that novel word by Sir Martin of England, when he said "I want to order Lumia 1020, but O2 website is pants"

pants
adjective. British slang. Not good; total crap; nonsense; rubbish; bad

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ask BIGPADDY or martinmc78, what 'pants' means.
I was introduced to that novel word by Sir Martin of England, when he said "I want to order Lumia 1020, but O2 website is pants"

pants
adjective. British slang. Not good; total crap; nonsense; rubbish; bad

I wasn't aware of the slang myself and I'd forgotten that Martin used it. However, your use of it is incorrect.

It would be better to state, 'This phone is pants'.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I wasn't aware of the slang myself and I'd forgotten that Martin used it. However, your use of it is incorrect.

It would be better to state, 'This phone is pants'.

I hold a PhD. in English, awarded to me by Respected Sir Chregu (of Swiss Alps) in his laboratory while posting random stuff on this thread.
When I asked him if this is correct, he said yes it is.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I hold a PhD. in English, awarded to me by Respected Sir Chregu (of Swiss Alps) in his laboratory while posting random stuff on this thread.
When I asked him if this is correct, he said yes it is.

You're PhD is meaningless. I've actually met English PhD students from other countries who spoke worse English than I did.

The slang term is just another way of saying sh*t. I'm sure you gathered that. However what you failed to realise is the context in which it's used. You wouldn't say 'piece of pants' as that makes no sense at all. What you mean to be saying is that something is sh*t. So the context would be 'is pants'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077