WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Woah, this is something i haven't heard of before! That's weird, are they close to cloning Humans?

There's a Wikipedia article, but it seems that the sources are a little shady: Pet cloning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have no idea how close they are. But I'm pretty sure they try somewhere in an obscure lab in some strange countries. Or even in a not so obscure lab in some not so strange countries. They won't publish that tough ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't know why are you referring my english with a german dictionary, lol.
vielleicht, sollte Ich kommunizieren in Deutsch?

You really ignored N_LaRUE's post which stated exactly the same as I did, and he's a native English speaker. Just for your information, your German is worse than your English ;-)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I picked up a candy bar at a British import store here called 'Yorkie'. It said on the wrapper, "Do not feed the birds."

feedingducks.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

'Chick' is considered derogatory these days. Though the term 'bird' in Australia and UK still lingers, though I believe it's going into disuse as well. However, I know you don't care so just ignore what I said.

It's not really offensive in US. I'm not aware of any women who have any issues with the term 'chick flick'.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

There's a Wikipedia article, but it seems that the sources are a little shady: Pet cloning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have no idea how close they are. But I'm pretty sure they try somewhere in an obscure lab in some strange countries. Or even in a not so obscure lab in some not so strange countries. They won't publish that tough ;-)

That would cause quite a scare.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

You really ignored N_LaRUE's post which stated exactly the same as I did, and he's a native English speaker. Just for your information, your German is worse than your English ;-)

All praises to my Master who taught me and inspired me to post here, Sir Chregu (PhD holder of English Communication, awarded by Sir Martin of England, who dresses up like a mutant and plays random guitars) :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I picked up a candy bar at a British import store here called 'Yorkie'. It said on the wrapper, "Do not feed the birds."

Yeah, it's a bad advertising campaign at the moment. It's a claim that Yorkie's are a 'mans' chocolate bar. It's meant as 'togue in cheek' but it's got some people rilled up about it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I have a Windows Phone app called Ask Ziggy. It was a personal assistant, but I don't think it's available anymore in the Store.

It is from an Australian developer.

The voice options are: 'Sheila' or 'Bloke'.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's not really offensive in US. I'm not aware of any women who have any issues with the term 'chick flick'.

I'm not saying all people find it offensive but there are those who do and personally I never liked the term. It is usually said in a deragtory manner, including term 'chick flick'.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Australia doesn't use 'chick', it's North American. Though with the increase of loving everything American in Oz I wouldn't be surprised if the slang becomes more popular. Though, 'chick' won't probably be one of the common ones. :p

Halloween is yet an another thing that's North American that is loved in Australia, i don't have anything to do with Halloween.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm not saying all people find it offensive but there are those who do and personally I never liked the term. It is usually said in a deragtory manner, including term 'chick flick'.

Chick = lady
flick = movie

lol :p, lets talk about something else now.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have a Windows Phone app called Ask Ziggy. It was a personal assistant, but I don't think it's available anymore in the Store.

Yeah that's the 'typical' terms used. However, 'bird' is used quite a bit still. Similairly how they use 'chick' in the US.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Oh boy, i hate those terms.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, it's a bad advertising campaign at the moment. It's a claim that Yorkie's are a 'mans' chocolate bar. It's meant as 'togue in cheek' but it's got some people rilled up about it.
I thought it was funny. Supposedly Yorkie's are a favourite of lorry drivers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3