WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hmm think my 1020 must be sensitive to my needs - vibrate hasn't been working all morning which I didn't mind as I was still half asleep anyway - now ive had some breakfast and a couple of redbulls im more awake and suddenly vibrate works again.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Hmm think my 1020 must be sensitive to my needs - vibrate hasn't been working all morning which I didn't mind as I was still half asleep anyway - now ive had some breakfast and a couple of redbulls im more awake and suddenly vibrate works again.

Did you try a soft reset?
Many a times, random things get solved by that.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah if i worked in an environment that allowed me to use my surface i would :) Unfortunately in my workplace its not possible :)

I made my RT acceptable in the workplace where I am - I got told to take it off my desk the first day I bought it in because I could watch tv on it apparently - I argued that it wasn't a consumption device like an ipad and it was for productivity only. After I took it into a meeting hooked up to the projector and remote connected to my desktop to run the meeting no one argued - ipads are now banned from desks - I win. I have Halo on my tablet candy crush suckers. I win again.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

LaRUE, The road to 20k is long pal.

I think you've misconstrued the idea of a 'goal' to this thread to what we normally do on this thread. There's no real goal of '20k' or any other number. It's just thread to shoot the breeze and have sometimes a good conversation or argument. There is no real goal. It's just a bit of fun. Something you've appeared to mis-comprehend.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I think you've misconstrued the idea of a 'goal' to this thread to what we normally do on this thread. There's no real goal of '20k' or any other number. It's just thread to shoot the breeze and have sometimes a good conversation or argument. There is no real goal. It's just a bit of fun. Something you've appeared to mis-comprehend (along with the meaning and usage of the term pants).

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

I made my RT acceptable in the workplace where I am - I got told to take it off my desk the first day I bought it in because I could watch tv on it apparently - I argued that it wasn't a consumption device like an ipad and it was for productivity only. After I took it into a meeting hooked up to the projector and remote connected to my desktop to run the meeting no one argued - ipads are now banned from desks - I win. I have Halo on my tablet candy crush suckers. I win again.

Yeah that still wouldn't be allowed at my work place. Due to information security, you cant hook external devices up to your computers. And using any electronic devices in most meetings is a no no, and a big NO NO for using them to take notes :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah that still wouldn't be allowed at my work place. Due to information security, you cant hook external devices up to your computers. And using any electronic devices in most meetings is a no no, and a big NO NO for using them to take notes :)

Wow, I thought my company was strict. There's a guy at my work who takes his iPad into meetings all the time. He even has it hooked up to the company WiFi. Most people have an iPad on their desk or a smartphone. So my IT isn't as strict as I thought. Hmmm

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Wow that sucks - Have you let people know its 2013 not 1985?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Also, where do you work so I know to avoid it at all costs. I'm assuming it's a high security place? At least I hope so.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Wow, I thought my company was strict. There's a guy at my work who takes his iPad into meetings all the time. He even has it hooked up to the company WiFi. Most people have an iPad on their desk or a smartphone. So my IT isn't as strict as I thought. Hmmm

Yeah its not that strict about phones at desks and what not. But due to classifications of meetings using non approved electronics is not allowed.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Lol we do have electronics that can be used but they need to be approved and encrypted. Also my work is still very much in the dark ages tech wise. Still using office 2003 and win xp.

We're just upgrading to Win7 now. We just recently upgraded to Office 2007.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Remember working on a nuclear plant for the MOD once - the hoops you had to go through just to get clearance to work on the job was ridiculous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers