WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Wales has a beautiful landscape, nice people and a lot of history. Why would anybody not want to go there?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wales? I feel sorry for you :) Why you going to wales?

We've been in the north Wales, this is our first time in the south and we're heading to the Brecon Beacons for a bread making class. :) I'll be posting pictures.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes. Because I'm running on it already since MSDN availability. But the app updates... perhaps I will still get excited with the mini-movie maker.

I tend not to get overly excited about updates and new hardware etc. Might be my age. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Proper terminology would have been - 'I should have guessed'. Not to be picky or anything. :p To make it more colloquial you could use 'should've'

Well, doesn't that change the meaning? I wanted to say that if I'd put thought into it, I would have guessed that he did it himself. If I write I should have guessed, I guessed wrong by mistake when I should have known better?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, doesn't that change the meaning? I wanted to say that if I'd put thought into it, I would have guessed that he did it himself. If I write I should have guessed, I guessed wrong by mistake when I should have known better?

Can I say it just sounds funny using 'would have'?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Of course, I am here to learn! But studying natural sciences makes you to always question the answers.

Please, keep telling me in cases like this :)

I did some research on this cause I know you like that kind of thing.

You are technically correct with using 'would have' as being absolute. However I think it was the sentence that threw me off, which is probably why I think it sounds strange to me. So I've been trying to sort out a correct sentence and I came up with this:

"If I had guessed I would have been correct."

When speaking we have a tendency not to use those kind of sentences even when we mean that. That's why I said you should use 'should have' as it sounds right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077