WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I did some research on this cause I know you like that kind of thing.

You are technically correct with using 'would have' as being absolute. However I think it was the sentence that threw me off, which is probably why I think it sounds strange to me. So I've been trying to sort out a correct sentence and I came up with this:

"If I had guessed I would have been correct."

When speaking we have a tendency not to use those kind of sentences even when we mean that. That's why I said you should use 'should have' as it sounds right.

I think this has something to do with German being my native language. There was another case when I was talking to friends from the USA and New Zealand. I don't remember the sentence, but in German you can just cut it off in the middle and it makes perfect sense, in English there would be a part missing and nobody understands you.

Thanks for looking this up for me, I'll try to sort this out in my brain for the future :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think this has something to do with German being my native language. There was another case when I was talking to friends from the USA and New Zealand. I don't remember the sentence, but in German you can just cut it off in the middle and it makes perfect sense, in English there would be a part missing and nobody understands you.

Thanks for looking this up for me, I'll try to sort this out in my brain for the future :)

My wife has an ESL teacher qualification. However that doesn't help me much. :p I try my best to remember grammar and when I forget I look it up online. However there are so many differences between formal and everyday speach. Most of us get it wrong on a daily basis. I've found grammar and spelling quite different than what I'm used to here in the UK.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't have Facebook anymore. I quit it about 3 years ago. The only thing I miss is the contact pictures on Windows Phone.

Actually, I always feel a little superior when Facebook introduces something new to decrease privacy or to display more apps ;-)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I don't have Facebook anymore. I quit it about 3 years ago. The only thing I miss is the contact pictures on Windows Phone.

Actually, I always feel a little superior when Facebook introduces something new to decrease privacy or to display more apps ;-)

I just joined Instagram, and i regret it. No message functionality and confusing.

And i only joined because i'm in a band and everybody but me were on Instagram.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just joined Instagram, and i regret it. No message functionality and confusing.

And i only joined because i'm in a band and everybody but me were on Instagram.

I currently have no interest in Instagram. I think I have enough social networks going. However I may check it out one day to see what all the fuss is about.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't think any of my closer friends use Instagram, so I have no reason to try it out. I tried out Twitter once though, and it just made no sense to me. I just don't get it, it has no use at all to me.

For example, I don't want to follow hundreds of people that could write something interesting about Windows Phone, when WPC is doing it for me anyway. And even in this case I guess press releases would be more comfortable than Twitter.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't have use for instagram even though friends ask me if I have one.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I currently have no interest in Instagram. I think I have enough social networks going. However I may check it out one day to see what all the fuss is about.

I don't see it, it's interesting, and well... I don't see why, it just is.

As i said, i'm only one because the rest of my band is on there.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't see it, it's interesting, and well... I don't see why, it just is.

As i said, i'm only one because the rest of my band is on there.

Well people keep making jokes about food. The other thing I've head is that the guys all ogle at the girl pics on there. I've seen some feeds I have on Facebook also have feeds on Instagram and they post pics. Some look nice.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Well people keep making jokes about food. The other thing I've head is that the guys all ogle at the girl pics on there. I've seen some feeds I have on Facebook also have feeds on Instagram and they post pics. Some look nice.

Well, 6tag appears to be doing it's job well. I guess...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Even though I just had a coffee (I very rarely drink coffee) my hangover tiredness starts to increase. That's very unfortunate, however as long as I can control my pipette in a sufficient manner I should be okay.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks...commuting in early today...have a paper de today which I will hand in late and a group presentation them night as well. Just trying to get through anther draining week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven