WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm on my old computer and download Windows 8.1. However interestingly in the Store it says still "Preview" but only on the main page. Well, I guess it has to be the final and Microsoft just messed up.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm on my old computer and download Windows 8.1. However interestingly in the Store it says still "Preview" but only on the main page. Well, I guess it has to be the final and Microsoft just messed up.

Quite possible. I've upgraded two so far, got one more to go. I haven't really explored it much as I haven't had time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The place in Wales I'm going to tomorrow only has 6 houses in the town. The closest real 'town' is 21 minutes away! Should be interesting. Did I mention it's up in the mountains?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Quite possible. I've upgraded two so far, got one more to go. I haven't really explored it much as I haven't had time.

We will see. I just started downloading, maybe I won't even install it today.

The place in Wales I'm going to tomorrow only has 6 houses in the town. The closest real 'town' is 21 minutes away! Should be interesting. Did I mention it's up in the mountains?

Sounds great! I hope weather will be enjoyable.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Be careful of the mountain lions and dragons!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

And these mythical little creatures only living in Wales, quite related to the Irish Leprechauns but even more dangerous and mean. They are called BigPaddies.

Actually BigPaddy would be of Irish decent.... Paddy -> Patrick

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We will see. I just started downloading, maybe I won't even install it today.

The install takes some time. Both computers took at least 1 - 1 1/2hrs each.

Sounds great! I hope weather will be enjoyable.

Supposed to rain/thunder showers. Hopefully well get some nice weather. We're going mostly for the bread making.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Actually BigPaddy would be of Irish decent.... Paddy -> Patrick

Maybe they originated from Ireland. I'm not sure, I have never been to Wales, I've only spent half a year in Ireland.

I just realized that the way how Windows 8.1 is installed proves what I always said: Windows 8 is just Windows 7 with the Metro surface lazily put onto it, and because of that it can be upgraded directly from the Metro store.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

IDK, using the default background, it is "animated"... in a similar manner to how the background on a panorama phone app animates... it just moves left/right at a slower pace than the tiles.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

IDK, using the default background, it is "animated"... in a similar manner to how the background on a panorama phone app animates... it just moves left/right at a slower pace than the tiles.

I wanted dancing penguins!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05