WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Boy, I love how quiet my apartment can get when I have the TV off. Sometimes a quiet space is the best place to do some work in. I wish I could not have a tv, but until I can get some of the stuff I want online, I'll keep the old tube and curse at how unnecessarily expensive my cable bill is.

At lease the GF gets way more mileage out of my tv than me. She loves my on demand more than hers and will catch up on some of her shows because she cut back on her cable package recently because of expensive it is...
while i like quite it getting kinda lonely after a while after a few hours I think " huh no one texted me or called me ....... I wonder if I said something then i just go back to do homework :cool:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

well i have the cyan and the magenta color and peeps as school are like " whoa what are those" and sometimes I get the stop and stare peeps

Nice. I'm sure the magenta goes nice with the breast cancer theme you're on for this month too...i've got the cyan in ear to match the cyan cans. Although I wish they sounded a little louder, I'm cool with their versatility and colors...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Can I say I'm actually looking forward to the next round of hardware WP8 will run on? I think I like Android's hardware a lot more than the software these days, so I'd love to see how a mature version of WP8 would run on the S4/HTC One chassis. Would love to see an advanced Pureview Cam on a quad core setup with 2 cores dedicated just to the image processing and camera ALONE. Guess we will start to find out with Nokia's big announcement.

It doesn't mean I will buy any of that new tech - after I get my 1020 I don't want anything else - but it will surely make an interesting holiday shopping season and beyond...
heheheh looks like you ask a lot when it comes to specs which you should be but as along as peeps form the android community don't find a way to make virus to jump from one OS to the other i don't mind.... I trust the secure OS on windows phones just don't trust android:eck:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

while i like quite it getting kinda lonely after a while after a few hours I think " huh no one texted me or called me ....... I wonder if I said something then i just go back to do homework :cool:

that happens to many of us these days. Technically I should he either watching the NFL highlights to see how well I did in the office pool or be studying for my mid-term on Wednesday, but I did an outline for a paper due in two weeks tonight so I wasn't a bum.

Being a full time student and working full time s.u.c.k.s. but what must be done, has to get done.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Nice. I'm sure the magenta goes nice with the breast cancer theme you're on for this month too...i've got the cyan in ear to match the cyan cans. Although I wish they sounded a little louder, I'm cool with their versatility and colors...
yes it goes well with my pink case i have for my phone( i didn't buy it came free with my cyan wireless charging back cover )

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

that happens to many of us these days. Technically I should he either watching the NFL highlights to see how well I did in the office pool or be studying for my mid-term on Wednesday, but I did an outline for a paper due in two weeks tonight so I wasn't a bum.

Being a full time student and working full time s.u.c.k.s. but what must be done, has to get done.
well that's the only thing I hate about college for me its 60 percent college and 20 percent studying 10 percent working ( part time) 5 percent me and 5 percent time for peeps like friends and family :confused:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
heheheh looks like you ask a lot when it comes to specs which you should be but as along as peeps form the android community don't find a way to make virus to jump from one OS to the other i don't mind.... I trust the secure OS on windows phones just don't trust android:eck:

I dont think I'm asking too much specs wise, just thinking of how nicely WP8 could run on Android level specs. A spec sheet is irrelevant if software doesn't take advantage of the hardware. That's the one thing I give Apple credit for - they maximize their hardware with their software for the most part.

I guess for my needs WP8 and Android are the best fits. im not so much into apps so im not into iOS. i still have over 300 paid and free iOS apps in my iTunes and i miss using only 4 - 3 of which are games...2 chess apps, infinity blade and kotoba (a killer japanese dictionary).

I guess WP works for me because i don't like gmail as much as i used to and the only Google apps I still respect are Search/Google Now and Maps. Hardware wise, i don't need all the gimmicks...i told the GF that performance is important for me so i would never own a S4 as i would have to root it and rip most of the stuff out and keep it stock. The only Skin that appeals to me now for Android is Sony. Outside of the Xperia Z line, it has to be Nexus for me to use Android consistently.

Plus I like where MSFT is going, just not the pace at which they're moving. I like walking into a room full of Androids and iPhones and rocking my 8X or 810. Sometimes the coolest thing is being different...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

well that's the only thing I hate about college for me its 60 percent college and 20 percent studying 10 percent working ( part time) 5 percent me and 5 percent time for peeps like friends and family :confused:

Well, that's the beauty of college is to learn how to juggle those things. You should be fine as long as figure out that balance successfully. Guess I'm getting older when I can suggest to my patients (many in your age bracket) about helpful study tips and note taking and self care...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I dont think I'm asking too much specs wise, just thinking of how nicely WP8 could run on Android level specs. A spec sheet is irrelevant if software doesn't take advantage of the hardware. That's the one thing I give Apple credit for - they maximize their hardware with their software for the most part.

I guess for my needs WP8 and Android are the best fits. im not so much into apps so im not into iOS. i still have over 300 paid and free iOS apps in my iTunes and i miss using only 4 - 3 of which are games...2 chess apps, infinity blade and kotoba (a killer japanese dictionary).

I guess WP works for me because i don't like gmail as much as i used to and the only Google apps I still respect are Search/Google Now and Maps. Hardware wise, i dont need all the gimmicks...i told the GF that performance is important for me so i would never own a S4 as i would have to root it and rip most of the stuff out and keep it stock. The only Skin that appeals to me now for Android is Sony. Outside of the Xperia Z line, it has to be Nexus for me to use Android consistently.
yup id take sable and secure os over android any day, im the type of person that i like a fluid OS so i can get things done and not worry about " is my battery going to die , do i have to manage my files, Do i have to turn automatic brightness off " etc....... that is why im not the spec type either because why do people want 1080p screens only to watch a video or quad core or even octa-core ..wtf are they doing that they need to have those specs to later start complaining " why does my battery die so fast or ugh my phone died " and I agree if I were to EVER ( never ) go to android I would get stock android

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well, that's the beauty of college is to learn how to juggle those things. You should be fine as long as figure out that balance successfully. Guess I'm getting older when I can suggest to my patients (many in your age bracket) about helpful study tips and note taking and self care...

well im not dead yet so i think I'm doing good :cool: but your right its college where you either learn how to manage your time or risk wasting time in something you might not be ready for and even if you are ready you best know who to keep stress in check :unhappysweat: sure i learned how to manage my time but jeez its still hard to make time for friends and im amazed that i even made time for my ex maybe the saying is true " if something matters to you, you make time regardless how busy you are"

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

well time to go to sleep .... and start another week of school maybe this week I will think about my ex a little bit less .. nah what am i saying :cool::winktongue::wink: anyways good night MSFTisMIA and good night to the rest of the peeps that will post something here right after I leave :evil:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

You on contract?

I am just too old to waste money on a new phone, when I don't really need it.

Nowadays it is all bigger numbers and no innovation. Sure I miss some features, but I do that since Windows Phone was released.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

yup id take sable and secure os over android any day, im the type of person that i like a fluid OS so i can get things done and not worry about " is my battery going to die , do i have to manage my files, Do i have to turn automatic brightness off " etc....... that is why im not the spec type either because why do people want 1080p screens only to watch a video or quad core or even octa-core ..wtf are they doing that they need to have those specs to later start complaining " why does my battery die so fast or ugh my phone died " and I agree if I were to EVER ( never ) go to android I would get stock android

Battery life HAS gotten better with Android, I won't lie. If I was into it, I would use my Nexus 4 or own a Xperia Z/Z1. Nothing else appeals to me. HTC needs an upgrade to the camera in the HTC One come next year though.

I'm just over the while apps thing, hence iOS I use for a doorstop. WP8 is just better at all the tasks I want to do, and that's what counts for me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am just too old to waste money on a new phone, when I don't really need it.

Nowadays it is all bigger numbers and no innovation. Sure I miss some features, but I do that since Windows Phone was released.

I think this sentiment is what more OEMs will run into going forward in the high end market. With things as they are iin the global economy it may be more about tighter integration of services...so people are going to be frugal with their upgrades. Even myself is trying to be smarter about how I change out my tech because there is just more pressing things to spend money on...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning. Way too early to be talking about phones... I'm tired from all the driving I did on the weekend. I have way too much bread...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning. Way too early to be talking about phones... I'm tired from all the driving I did on the weekend. I have way too much bread...

morning. I haven't gotten sleep so I will do a more thorough check in about 5-6 hours...hope you had a good weekend even with all that driving...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, was a nice drive. Weather wasn't as bad as predicted. We drove to the south of Wales. Brecon Beacons. I'm a little peeved at Here Drive again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss