WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Lousy Monday here as well. We're upgrading the bandwidth at work, so there are outages while they are doing it. And of course even though they have been warned for a week now, people are whining. Not to mention I work remotely from home, so trying to coordinate with the service techs over the phone is a pain. But the end is near and there is a noticeable improvement on performance. Unfortunately now they will find something else to complain about. Or just do stupid stuff at a higher speed.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Lousy Monday here as well. We're upgrading the bandwidth at work, so there are outages while they are doing it. And of course even though they have been warned for a week now, people are whining. Not to mention I work remotely from home, so trying to coordinate with the service techs over the phone is a pain. But the end is near and there is a noticeable improvement on performance. Unfortunately now they will find something else to complain about. Or just do stupid stuff at a higher speed.

I never understood the end user when they are told something in advance and yet act like they were never told and complain :straight:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Monday might start to get better soon:

Nokia Lumia 1520 with Treasure Tag, 2013
BXG7lTfCAAAJ1qu.png

And...Nokia Guru, 2013

BXGH8MwCAAAMSUg.png

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I never understood the end user when they are told something in advance and yet act like they were never told and complain :straight:

Well if you are going into the IT field get used to it. No matter what you do to improve things and give them warning, there will always be those that have a problem. Though it is funny when they try to say they didn't get the e-mail. Then you get on the exchange server, pull up their mailbox and show them the e-mail.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well if you are going into the IT field get used to it. No matter what you do to improve things and give them warning, there will always be those that have a problem. Though it is funny when they try to say they didn't get the e-mail. Then you get on the exchange server, pull up their mailbox and show them the e-mail.
their excuse ....." I thought it was spam :wink:"

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

If they try that, their password gets changed to stmavisaitgod and they can't change it. Mail from the IT department as spam is never a problem again.

that would be mean but soooooooo fun to do if some gets me irritated :cool:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

that would be mean but soooooooo fun to do if some gets me irritated :cool:

It's usually just the same few people. And they are the ones that have no business on a computer in the first place. Their home and work computers always have a virus or a problem. And they have trouble with the simplest network concepts. If they don't have an icon they are lost. For the most part, the majority of users are good and very cooperative.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It's usually just the same few people. And they are the ones that have no business on a computer in the first place. Their home and work computers always have a virus or a problem. And they have trouble with the simplest network concepts. If they don't have an icon they are lost. For the most part, the majority of users are good and very cooperative.

if only peeps were more educated on the simple things about networking or computers so they understand what is happening and ease on the IT's ...but sadly I don't see that happening ....but oh well I think it makes a job more interesting :cool:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I know what you mean and it a pain in the backside always explaining to staff why it down.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

hmmmm ..yay I get to leave class early ...... and tomorrow starts my CISCO class of PAIN

It best to learn the standard of CISCO and how they work!

CISCO are the best in standard for a network!

(That what you learn when doing CISCO and reading there books :p)

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

if only peeps were more educated on the simple things about networking or computers so they understand what is happening and ease on the IT's ...but sadly I don't see that happening ....but oh well I think it makes a job more interesting :cool:

Well, you really can't expect the users to know that. That's not their job, but they do need a computer to do their job. And there are some that because they have a home network and have hooked up a printer or wireless network, they know just as much as IT. They are the dangerous ones at times, they are fearless to download and try things and it usually ends up bad. And then when the policies come out to prevent them from crashing things, they get mad. Again, these are the exceptions like the ones who have no business on a computer. I've found for the most part over the years and companies I've supported, the majority of users are pretty good and easy to work with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss