WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Still, i don't really care, i still want the 2520. I think it's an option over the Surface 2.

Nokia Lumia 2520 hands-on

If they just would put in an Atom. Well, at the moment I don't need a tablet, and maybe in a few months the Win 8 selection will be better, and history has proven that Lumia devices in Switzerland have an incredible fall of price in a short period of time.

For example the Lumia 925 costs now 449 CHF (500 Dollars, all taxes included), the Lumia 920 349 CHF. They both were initially priced at over 600.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, maybe not according to Engadget:

I think it's pretty expensive, not for the hardware, but for Windows RT.

It's 4Q for US only. 1Q for the rest. It's also another one you need to buy the keyboard for.

I'll have to see what the UK prices are like but at this stage, it's a bit NO from me. I have an Android tablet that I use for 'light weight' use. I don't need anything else currently.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Nokia Lumia 2520 hands-on

If they just would put in an Atom. Well, at the moment I don't need a tablet, and maybe in a few months the Win 8 selection will be better, and history has proven that Lumia devices in Switzerland have an incredible fall of price in a short period of time.

For example the Lumia 925 costs now 449 CHF, the Lumia 920 349 CHF. They both were initially at over 600.

Well, i need something to replace the Blackberry Playbook, and the 2520 or the Surface 2 would be good, I did wish the 2520 ran full Windows 8, but oh well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks...woke up today to an email stating my Asus T100 has been shipped out and I should get it from Tennessee in the next two days. Very excited indeed. Now if i can find a case and screen protector, then I will be all set...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks...woke up today to an email stating my Asus T100 has been shipped out and I should get it from Tennessee in the next two days. Very excited indeed. Now if i can find a case and screen protector, then I will be all set...

Cool. Let us know what it's like. :)

Did you see the exciting news? WP is finally getting proper apps. :p Oh and Nokia decided to make some big phones and a tablet.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Woop finally some first party apps! I dont care about half of them but still great to see some love for the platform finally :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

If I am honest to myself, I really don't know where to fit a tablet into my life.

I have very little exposure to commercials, I never watch TV, I have adblock active while browsing, I don't listen to radio, however in this case I think the only reason why I even consider buying a tablet is that I read tech news and tablets are hyped very much at the moment.

I shouldn't buy a tablet.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If I am honest to myself, I really don't know where to fit a tablet into my life.

I have very little exposure to commercials, I never watch TV, I have adblock active while browsing, I don't listen to radio, however in this case I think the only reason why I even consider buying a tablet is that I read tech news and tablets are hyped very much at the moment.

I shouldn't buy a tablet.

I bought a tablet for two reasons. One it was for my wife and her work. It's easier to carry a tablet around than a laptop for doing some 'simple' things. Second I use it when traveling. It's for the same reason. I don't need to do more than search, view maps, write a quick email, use a local app or post to Facebook/Twitter while I'm away. So it suits those situations for me. The bigger screen (I have a 10") is nice when doing certain tasks.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

The Nokia ads are really well done. Microsoft could learn a lot from Nokia's marketing.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Not keen on the look of the Nokia Tablet compared to the Surface 2 however that screen spec impressive!!!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Woop finally some first party apps! I dont care about half of them but still great to see some love for the platform finally :)

We need more first party exclusives. We need the apps that define WP not apps that everyone else already has - We shouldn't be getting candy crush we should be getting the next big thing first. Halo was a good start but other xbox exclusives would be great - a forza racing game from turn10 for example. Something that WP will have that no other platform can touch.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We need more first party exclusives. We need the apps that define WP not apps that everyone else already has - We shouldn't be getting candy crush we should be getting the next big thing first. Halo was a good start but other xbox exclusives would be great - a forza racing game from turn10 for example. Something that WP will have that no other platform can touch.

We need both, as I'm sure you know but I do agree with you. Thing is WP did have some exclusives but now the other platforms are getting them too. Games is one thing but we need other things that makes WP stand out from the crowd.

Never played Candy Crush and have no idea what the fuss is about.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Havent played it either - but its all I ever see anyone with an iphone playing on. Yes but those exclusives were tied to other MS services and seeing as its a business it makes sense to farm them out if it gets MS more exposure.

Hopefully the "revolution" in personal assistants Cortana, that's rumoured for Q1 next year with WP8.1 is the must have tool that no one else can match.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99