WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Havent played it either - but its all I ever see anyone with an iphone playing on. Yes but those exclusives were tied to other MS services and seeing as its a business it makes sense to farm them out if it gets MS more exposure.

Hopefully the "revolution" in personal assistants Cortana, that's rumoured for Q1 next year with WP8.1 is the must have tool that no one else can match.

I have a few hopes for WP8.1. I have heard some things about Cortana but no idea what the whole thing is about. I'm not one to talk to my phone. :p I've tried some apps so far that don't work that well. I knod Cortana is supposed to be different.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

I have a few hopes for WP8.1. I have heard some things about Cortana but no idea what the whole thing is about. I'm not one to talk to my phone. :p I've tried some apps so far that don't work that well. I knod Cortana is supposed to be different.

Think Jarvis from the iron man films :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Does anybody buy a phone because of an exclusive app? I think that worked for the iPhone because they were the first anyway. But exclusives are very outdated in my opinion. People should have the choice and not being forced to choose.

Think Jarvis from the iron man films :)

This computer that speaks like KITT? I'm sure it's the same A.I.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm a little confused by one thing I've heard. It would appear that GDR3 might not be coming until early 2014. Unless it comes prior to the Nokia Black firmware update. Does anyone know the answer to this one?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm a little confused by one thing I've heard. It would appear that GDR3 might not be coming until early 2014. Unless it comes prior to the Nokia Black firmware update. Does anyone know the answer to this one?

I don't know, but would you be surprised?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Not really but was just curious. That would push WP8.1 to either end of Q1 or beginning of Q2. Which is slightly disappointing.

They could still make it before the end of 2014 when I'll buy a new phone, and maybe it will be breathtakingly great and I will buy a Microkia phone :)

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

This has me slightly worried as well. I really hope GDR3 comes before Christmas :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just saw that they updated Nokia Maps & Transit. Apparently Glance is now out of Beta with notifications and Pro Cam has become Nokia Camera.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just saw that they updated Nokia Maps & Transit. Apparently Glance is now out of Beta with notifications and Pro Cam has become Nokia Camera.

A few days ago I suddenly realized that Here Maps is now available also in Switzerland for non-Nokia devices. Didn't try it out yet, though. I don't drive much by car anymore and here in the city when I'm lost Google Maps is great and includes all the small bicycle routes.

Last weekend when I visited my mother I used her car for a few things, it was great, I actually really like driving.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

LOL! Well no. You did end up helping them so you shouldn't get in trouble like I did. :p

Good, I try to stay on the save side of my rebelliousness ;-)

Tonight I have dance course again. I always get a little nervous before that, I'm not sure why.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Good, I try to stay on the save side of my rebelliousness ;-)

Tonight I have dance course again. I always get a little nervous before that, I'm not sure why.

I'd like to do a dance course some time in the future. I hate having two left feet. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'd like to do a dance course some time in the future. I hate having two left feet. :p

I definitely have little talent and two left feet. But the dance instructors told us during the first lesson, that woman have little responsibilities while dancing, except following a few very important rules. One of them being not being trodden on their feet. (Is this understandable English? ;-) )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05