WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

RT currently still take you to desktop version of office and some setting there saying it would be better if it was all done in the Metro Interface which I agree on that.

That's probably MS biggest mistake with RT. Having a desktop is a good idea in general so you can do some 'advanced' stuff if necessary but all apps should be Metro based. Everything should be in the Metro area to stop the stupid comparission with W8. :p

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

You got me. I made the mistake of reading that garbage article. They clearly have no idea what they're talking about. If it isn't Apple they shouldn't bother writing about it. :p

They only COMPARED iPad.. the title contains VS but the article does not.. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I wanted to know more.. thanks

One of the comments on the article points out that the latest Office is touch friendly as well. So they really don't have a clue of anything other than Apple stuff. This is the problem with tech reviewers. They're simply clueless.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

I think Spielberg would be better at talking about that stuff than tech reviewers talking about anything that isn't Apple. :p

Sorry I forgot.. the Movie makers do Research!!!!!.. then Why dont Tech Reviewers do Research..

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Overslept! So I'm hopping into the shower and will be late for sure...but there are no meetings this morning so I should be ok.

In other news...my T100 is out for delivery...i had it shipped to work so I am really excited to pick it up at the office. Look put for screenshots on the night shift later after class...

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

One of the comments on the article points out that the latest Office is touch friendly as well. So they really don't have a clue of anything other than Apple stuff. This is the problem with tech reviewers. They're simply clueless.

it feels like Spielberg talking about Networking, Mathematics, Genetics...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

In other news...my T100 is out for delivery...i had it shipped to work so I am really excited to pick it up at the office. Look put for screenshots on the night shift later after class...

I'm really looking forward to your experiences.

I want you to watch a really big movie file on the tablet, and also to try out a PowerPoint presentation on a second screen with very large images and tell me how smooth it runs ;-)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to your experiences.

I want you to watch a really big movie file on the tablet, and also to try out a PowerPoint presentation on a second screen with very large images and tell me how smooth it runs ;-)

Thanks but I'm not able to push the tablet like that until I get a new monitor for my desktop next month. I live alone and without a car it is a hassle for me to get larger pieces of furniture or electronics...so I have to wait until thanksgiving week for me to get the new monitor shipped to my house when i am home. At that point i will really copy all the files i want from my desktop and push my T100...i am glad my EEPC still runs so I was able to do my midterm in class last night, but it looks beat up as hell and is a slower dual core Atom. I wish that they had put more than one USB port on the T100's dock, but I guess that's that...

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

I think Spielberg would be better at talking about that stuff than tech reviewers talking about anything that isn't Apple. :p

Sorry I forgot.. the Movie makers do Research!!!!!.. then Why dont Tech Reviewers do Research..

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Because they don't earn millions with their reviews. They only earn some money from commercials I block and some stupid comments. I wouldn't do much research either with this kind of motivation.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Thanks but I'm not able to push the tablet like that until I get a new monitor for my desktop next month. I live alone and without a car it is a hassle for me to get larger pieces of furniture or electronics...so I have to wait until thanksgiving week for me to get the new monitor shipped to my house when i am home. At that point i will really copy all the files i want from my desktop and push my T100...i am glad my EEPC still runs so I was able to do my midterm in class last night, but it looks beat up as hell and is a slower dual core Atom. I wish that they had put more than one USB port on the T100's dock, but I guess that's that...

Well, then tell us about your experiences anyway :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, then tell us about your experiences anyway :)

Will do.

I like the Lumia 1520. My only problem with it is that it is a Nano-SIM. Otherwise, I'd skip the 1020 and get that...especially if I didn't have buy a Windows tablet. Its got that great versatility I look for in my devices. Still, I'll be happy once I get that 1020 to go alongside my 8X, Nexus 4 and T100.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I like the Lumia 1520. My only problem with it is that it is a Nano-SIM. Otherwise, I'd skip the 1020 and get that...especially if I didn't have buy a Windows tablet. Its got that great versatility I look for in my devices. Still, I'll be happy once I get that 1020 to go alongside my 8X, Nexus 4 and T100.

Can't you get a new SIM?

I don't really see the advantage of the 1520. It's a phablet without any phablet functions like pen input or split screen. I think the Note III has a huge advantage there, and it's the main reason the HTC One Max got terrible reviews.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You can fit a computer capable of running Windows without a problem into a tablet. And this development will only further advance in the future. I don't see why we should be interested in giving away all control to let the OS run in the cloud. But strange things have happened...

Having a cloud based OS means going back to a mainframe type of system in computing. That would mean having a robust infrastructure. I don't think any system is that robust to handle true cloud base systems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos