WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I haven't been to the US since 2007. I flew into LA from Toronto. It wasn't that bad then. I've heard it's gotten pretty bad lately with the security.

I didn't like JFK airport, that was horrible. LAX isn't too bad. I find all the London airports pretty easy going. I've had no issues at all. Last time I flew we were literally from entrance to gate in 10 minutes.
I've never done any international travel. Mine has strictly been domestic.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I've been to the US a couple of times, drove from SFO to LA, SFO to Monterey, around Chicago, San Jose, Dublin, Pleasanton. Been to the Campus once, Lake Washington, Fashion Island...

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've never done any international travel. Mine has strictly been domestic.

I've done domestic travel in the US but that was before the NSA got the huge influence it does now. I did lots of border crossing at the Canada/US border with a car. Sometimes that can be painful. Paranoia seems to be endemic to the US security. I recently read this article by a blogger visiting the US that had major issues. Kind of felt sorry for him. Just goes to show that things have gotten out of hand.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Morning all - so I come on here to find im top thanked but at the bottom of the top posters - have 3 hours to remedy the situation then im of to the Comic con at the excel - woohoo.

No cosplay today though just going to look - then Deadpool on Saturday and a Call of Duty Ghost on Sunday.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I've done domestic travel in the US but that was before the NSA got the huge influence it does now. I did lots of border crossing at the Canada/US border with a car. Sometimes that can be painful. Paranoia seems to be endemic to the US security. I recently read this article by a blogger visiting the US that had major issues. Kind of felt sorry for him. Just goes to show that things have gotten out of hand.

Canada is a real mystery to me. It must be a gorgeous country, but all I know about it are some cliches like the people there being very polite, honey ham and ice hockey. I never hear news from Canada, neither bad nor good.

In my mind it's a beautiful wonderland with everything under control just minding its own business.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Canada is a real mystery to me. It must be a gorgeous country, but all I know about it are some cliches like the people there being very polite, honey ham and ice hockey. I never hear news from Canada, neither bad nor good.

In my mind it's a beautiful wonderland with everything under control just minding its own business.

Well Canada is not that innocent and unfortunately with the current conservative government they're basically in the US's pocket and following their lead in everything. Probably the reason you don't hear much about Canada is because the US dominates our side of the world so much. Whether it's in entertainment or politics. It's a big country but very few people. Sort of like Australia.

Saying that though, it is still a pretty safe and clean country, except for the oil sands in Alberta. There's all the usual problems that other cities/countries have. We have the addition of having two national languages and one has a separatist mindset.

Most of the bad news of Canada was back in the past with some of our 'peace keepers' in some countries. Far as I know there hasn't been many more incidents since then.

Funny how I was using 'we' a lot. I'm a international person I guess. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The one with the beautiful lakes and mountains! I don't know, I have never thought about it before.

The big mountains is the west side with Lake Louise. The Great Lakes is where Toronto is. The Laurentian Mountains are in Quebec and of course the French is there. The east you have ragged coast line of Newfoundland and can see icebergs float by at certain times of the year. In British Columbia you have the Pacific coast where it's rather mild all year.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The big mountains is the west side with Lake Louise. The Great Lakes is where Toronto is. The Laurentian Mountains are in Quebec and of course the French is there. The east you have ragged coast line of Newfoundland and can see icebergs float by at certain times of the year. In British Columbia you have the Pacific coast where it's rather mild all year.

I want to see all of it! :)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Well... that could be the reason why I like beautiful lakes and mountains ;-)

Unfortunately, there is nothing much that is beautiful down here, except maybe the unorganised bushes and trees scattered around the place. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately, there is nothing much that is beautiful down here, except maybe the unorganised bushes and trees scattered around the place. :)

Unorganized bushes scattered around the place? What a filthy mind you have :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077