WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I just did a check. The earliest train is at 9:52am. I've sent two emails off now and no reply. I either have the wrong address or no one is there. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So on the train network I use there's apparently 29 fallen trees on their routes. That makes me think that driving might not be a good idea.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

It doesn't seem too bad in my immediate area, but I've heard it's pretty bad with travel connections. Nasty night.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, I found out my office is open. Surprise! So I may as well go in. I'll be driving... Woot! :p

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Doesn't help that I work for an American company either. :p

The trains are cancelled until 9am now. I emailed my supervisor to tell him. I haven't had anything back yet.

Parts of the UK have flooding. There's lots of trees on the roads. They've cancelled pretty much all the trains to London, ferries to EU and 130 flights at Heathrow.

Sounds like your having fun. :(

Stay safe, hopefully the situation won't get much more worse.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, going to work in hellish weather.

Actually wasn't that bad at all. Because I left later there was little traffic and the trees had been cleared. Some large puddles and the winds are still bad but other than that was an easy run thankfully.

I would have left earlier except that I was seeing what the trains were doing. First they said they'd be canceled until 8am then it went to 9am. So I decided to drive. Not something I'm keen doing simply because it's a painful drive.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

So on the train network I use there's apparently 29 fallen trees on their routes. That makes me think that driving might not be a good idea.

Yeah it hasn't been that bad here well not that i have heard anyways :) must be the east coast mainly

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So there was a post on the 1020 being available in Oz for $609. That's ?362!!!! Even if the exchange rate is a bit more crap and makes it ?370 that's still significantly cheaper than here! I know people down in Oz. Maybe I can see about getting one shipped here as a 'gift'. :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've been needing to shrink my photos lately to get them to upload. Found a neat little 'app for that'. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05